Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It was a sacking boys.........

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
SSN is with Peter Varney to talk about his sacking.........

openly calling it a sacking...... thats money out of our pocket.......

Im nervous...... least its been a quiet week ahead of the City addicks meeting!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    all papers are going with the lead of a sacking. I would of thought they would have had to have been tipped slightly in that direction, rather than taking a punt.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    AFKA...the Guardian directly quoted Richard Murray ""It was our decision, that is all I can add," he said.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1947142,00.html
  • Options
    it's absolute madness whatever it is.
    if dowie walked then who is gonna employ him with that, and his departure from palace on his c.v.

if he was pushed then i think as a club we have made a complete balls up.
    we are still (reportedly) paying curbs (he could have stayed for a year to see his contract out).
    we will have to pay off dowies contract.
    we will have to employ a new manager and if he is currently in a job, compensate the club they left.
    we have in effect given £1m per game in transfer fees for a manager to spend.
    whoever takes over has an automatic excuse with "they are not players i brought", and the only way to bring in new players would be to sell the only player that is scoring.

i still cant get my head around it.
  • Options
    The squad looks stronger than that and I can't believe that any manager will come without the promise of spending more money in January. Murray however might have been reluctant to let Dowie spend more. I'd take what he said about spending next year's reansfer budget with a pinch of salt. I'm sure Dowie encroached into it but not by much - eg JFH was on a one year contract and will need replacing for next year. Clearly there must be some money put aside for a new striker (especially as Jay Bothroyd, JJ etc were let go).

This way a new manager, provided he is employed soon will have a good month before the transfer window opens to make his judgements over which players to buy, those who need selling etc. Therefore there is some logic in the board's decision.