Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Serious Contenders????????

Alex McCleish?
Alan Pardew?

Any other serious ones?

Comments

• MCSMCS
    edited November 2006
    Afka Bartram

I give you, Afka
  • I reckon it should be either McCleish or Newell.
  • Seriously...I'd have George Graham. Experienced Manager and would be able to get us organised.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]Seriously...I'd have George Graham. Experienced Manager and would be able to get us organised.

Agreed.
  • Where is Dave Jones these days?

George Graham would certainly get is defensively organised...one nil to the Addicks, one nil...
  • Big Ron, he's finished with his tv show and we know the club are looking to get away from the PC label...coincidence, not... FACT
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    George Graham would certainly get is defensively organised...one nil to the Addicks, one nil...

But would he though. He has been out the game for how many years ?

He would not have the dedication needed to be a modern day manager.
  • George Graham I think not - Bobby Robson is fit and well now.
  • It'll be Les Reed
  • Bobby Robson has effectively retired, I can't see him wanting to move to South London and coach a team in our position.

I wouldn't be wildly happy about George Graham, but he's the best defensice coach around and that is where we are weakest.

Whoever we appoint has one goal - to ensure we avoid relegation. GG might be a good short stop and not so young and ambitious that he'd only come on a three/four year deal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Les temporarily, but I recall he has stated he's not keen on front line managers job
  • Reed is a coach, not a manager.
  • or was and will be

perhaps?
  • As Curbs is out of the race, how about Keithy Peacock.

I am still shocked by this and actually do not know who I would want to be the next manager - and I am not at all sure that I would want Keith - but he knows the older players and is Charlton through and through...
  • Sammy Lee, Steve Clarke or Mark Bowen. Proven coaches at the highest level and never going to get the top job at their respective clubs at the moment so I reckon would jump at the chance. Of the three Sammy Lee for me.
  • Sammy Lee...interesting, rumour has it he applied in the summer and was under consideration.
  • Mike Newell...

I wonder if he's going to resign in the next day or so...
  • As Curbs is out of the race, how about Keithy Peacock.

No...
  • George Graham... no thanks... he will be expecting to be allowed to bring Marcus Buckland with him! LOL
  • Alan Pardew - could have sworn he had a job.
    Dave Jones is at Cardiff who are top of their league.

Alex McCleish maybe

I absolutely fear they are going to go foreign - I dread that. I hope not.
  • Sponsored links:

• BBC spouting this morning that it woll be Hoddle maybe that is the usual sort of smokescreen for another person to step forward
  • Give Keith Peacock ago!
  • Please not Hoddle or Graham , it would be back to last years football or even duller
  • Please not Hoddle...I hate the guy with a passion....