Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Disturbing Thing

I was walking down road to get a sarnie and this lady asks me to help her. She is about 50. I say if i can. She hands me aletter and says "help me please they are reposesing my house and im not well and was raped a year ago !!"

Dear oh dear oh dear. The letter is giving her 7 days its a court order. I just say "sorry love nothing i cant do anything, if i was you id walk into any solicitors and ask for help".

She looks at me and says "please help" i give her the letter back and carry on walking.

sad sad sad. Anyone want a ham and pickle sarnie ?

Comments

• Thats grim. Doesn`t even sound like a scam. Poor woman.
  • Very sad.

On a positve note I was walking down Kensington High St on Tuesday and someone dropped a £10 note. A guy whipped it up off the floor before I could trouser it, ran after its owner and handed it back.

His karma will be good for a while.
  • could have been a scam i guess, but she didnt ask for money and she was just sorta standing in the middle of the pavement. She looked stunned. Still maybe me feel bad , but what could you do ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]could have been a scam i guess, but she didnt ask for money and she was just sorta standing in the middle of the pavement. She looked stunned. Still maybe me feel bad , but what could you do ?

Sounds like she had more problems than you could have solved in a few minutes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]could have been a scam i guess, but she didnt ask for money and she was just sorta standing in the middle of the pavement. She looked stunned. Still maybe me feel bad , but what could you do ?

Not a lot.

Point her in the direction of Citizens Advice maybe but she probably would have been too dazed / irrational to take it in from what you've said.
  • I bet she never picked the winner of the national either.
  • Mrs McMoist is a local politician and she gets letters all the time asking for help. If we had a bigger house, I'm sure we'd end up taking in a few lodgers. Sometimes, it's a sad world we live in.