Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To Parents

Yesterday i was off work. About mid day 5/6 kids started playing footie in the street opposite my hse. There is a front garden. After about the 5th time the ball thumped my wall/ window i freaked out went out and told them to f**k off. Lots of grief gob and lip back. I felt like slapping at least one of these little arseholes. so hears the question to the parents out there "what would you do if i came round your gaff and thumped a football through your f**kin window " or " what would you do in my place with these little barstards?"

Comments

• Options
    Buy a pit bull and tie it to a stake in your front garden. Don't feed it for a week... then sit back and watch the kids come into your garden....
  • Options
    That's the difference isn't it. When I was that age I would have legged it if anyone came out. Now, they couldn't give one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]That's the difference isn't it. When I was that age I would have legged it if anyone came out. Now, they couldn't give one.
    Even I would have mate and i'm only 25. Its amazing the lack of respect nowadays. I'd run away giggling.

I still do.
  • Options
    Keep the ball when it next goes into your garden and have it out with the parents when they come round to get it back.
  • Options
    For one my son wouldn't do that he knows better that that plus we make him and his mates go over the park.

BUT I would go and see their parent,s if you know who they are, - be calm tell them your problem and guaranteed they won't give a shit either so chin the dad LOL.
  • Options
    I'd have joined in, scored a couple and made sure I kicked shit out of the more gobby ones in the process!! :-)

Ok forget the scored a couple bit! :-(
  • Options
    Remember when i was 16 we went to an all night party in Plumstead. Bit of trouble and the party got cancelled middle of the night, so we all decided to walk home from Plumstead, to the top of Welling and then down to Bexleyheath. About 5.30 we got to newsagents just past Welling and all the papers were stacked outside. We decided to cut it open and help ourselves to an early read. Just at that point a police car went past.

We run like the wind. Backstreets, alleyways, gardens, sprinting like our lives depended on it. When out of breath we stopped in an alley, and my mate said what are we doing, its a only a bloody news of the world. But back then, we were frightened of getting in trouble, even for a poxy paper nick.

Nowadays, i suppose they would of just set fire to all the papers !
  • Options
    Give my little cousins a call who would be around the same age, tell them to get there mates and come round and give the little shites a slap, theres a fiver in it for each of them
  • Options
    When you were younger, didn't you get told about 75% of the time 'piss off, there's a park over there' !!!

you wanted the houses with a decent wall either side of the drive, proper goal those ones.
  • Options
    The thing is the house is empty all day(has an alarm) and the car is in the front drive. Do something and the car gets it ?

I have a feeling i know where at least two live so, but im sure as hell aint seen no dad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]For one my son wouldn't do that he knows better that that plus we make him and his mates go over the park.

BUT I would go and see their parent,s if you know who they are, - be calm tell them your problem and guaranteed they won't give a shit either so chin the dad LOL.

The biggest problem with kids today, their parents!!
  • Options
    R

If it was my boy I would ask him why he wasen't playing in the park in the first place and then ask why mouth of to a complete stranger?

Then clip him round the ear myself!

I have bought up my 2 kids the way my mum and dad brought me up and thats with discpline and respect!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]For one my son wouldn't do that he knows better that that plus we make him and his mates go over the park.

The biggest problem with kids today, their parents!!

too right mate
    [cite]Posted By: Terry Naylor[/cite]R

I have bought up my 2 kids the way my mum and dad brought me up and thats with discpline and respect!

Me too mate the only way to go.
  • Options
    Great to see kids out playing and football in the street is making a comeback.
  • Options
    you cant hit em these days

OB aint gona turn up if you were inclined to call em

Kids know there is f**k all you can do.

If you had CCTV or took a pic to show their parents they would call you a pedo.
  • Options
    Absolutely scared stiff of any parent/teacher/type of authority growing up.

I think a mother and son were fighting on my train this morning. I couldnt get a proper gander but i think the mother must have been young but there were coming close to blows and grown men were telling them off as the train was packed. I nearly had to stand up so i could get a proper nose but didnt want to lose my seat!
  • Options
    Curb-It surely two early morning head locks would have sorted em out ?

KenTread where do u live mate ? thats the answer ill send em round your way.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    When I was about 16, my mates and I played football in our local park. There was a house/garden that ran along the edge of the park and everytime we played, the ball would end up in the blokes garden and we'd have to retrieve it.

The bloke got really pissed off one day, got hold of the ball and refused to give it back and gave us dogs abuse. (He liked a beer and this was Sunday afternoon).

Me and my mate decided to go and have a "polite" word with him, (that's how I was brought up). Knocked on his door and after a few more verbals from him, he calmed down. We explained that we would try harder to avoid the ball going into his garden, that we understood it must piss him off. He agreed to give our ball back on the basis that we knock on his door and ask and not climb through his hedge/fence. We shook hands.

After that point we never had any problem with him or he with us. A year or two later, when I drank in the same pub, we became quite friendly and he said that he was most impressed that we had the decency to come round and talk to him face to face.

I was brought up to respect adults plus I would have been in serious grief at home if my parents found out I was being anti-social.

I can't see kids today doing that. I can't see adults being prepared to meet kids either though on that basis. A generational gulf has grown up which makes communication between adults and especially teenage kids almost impossible. The kids know it's very difficult for the adults to make them do anything and the parents of those kids are probably not going to step in and sort them out.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

I can't see kids today doing that. I can't see adults being prepared to meet kids either though on that basis. A generational gulf has grown up which makes communication between adults and especially teenage kids almost impossible. The kids know it's very difficult for the adults to make them do anything and the parents of those kids are probably not going to step in and sort them out.

Some kids maybe, some kids certainly but all kids?

The parents on here say they would step in and that their kids would behave.

So is it that Charlton Life are unique amongst parents in giving their kids values and their kids in following them?

Or maybe some kids misbehave even when their parents have brought them up to not to. I'll admit to doing things that my parents would be dismayed to find out about - although I'm not telling you lot either : - )

I'm also having to smile knowing a few of these posters and that they have a less than law abiding past. I'm not judging anyone but would some of CLifers have been described as "yobs, hooligans, thieves" in younger days. Yes, yes I know. The Kray twins loved their mum and you could walk the streets (and as long as you had paid them their protection money they wouldn't burn your corner shop down)

Kids today are mouthy, loud and annoying sometimes. But wasn't it the apprentice boys of London who would regularly riot (I think the Apprentice boys in Derry got involved in violence as well). Isn't hooligan as a noun now over 100 years old? Why is that when kids in the old days were so well behaved?
  • Options
    Oh Henry - kids have always been naughty. Stop banging on about how you smile to yourself at some of things you read by some posters etc etc.. kids today have a different level of anger and attitude towards adults.

I saw a kid stabbed outside my flat a few saturdays ago and left for dead by 3 blokes - (he didnt die) that is not what i want to see on my doorstep.. perhaps you in your "best district to live in" Bromley do not have to witness the behaviour that some of us do... so there fore cant see it for what it is. Its scary and we are all worried about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    The difference between now and the "good old days" is that in the old days yes kids were naughty but if an adult told them off in general they would obey and that would be an end to it.

These days there seems to be no respect for adults and also kids assemble in far larger numbers than they used to as well. That makes it intimidating for all but the most courageous to confront them and ask them to move on. The police have no interest in any crimes other than persecuting motorists as it is an "easy nick" database etc so frustrations grow until somebody does something stupid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Oh Henry - kids have always been naughty. Stop banging on about how you smile to yourself at some of things you read by some posters etc etc.. kids today have a different level of anger and attitude towards adults.

I saw a kid stabbed outside my flat a few saturdays ago and left for dead by 3 blokes - (he didnt die) that is not what i want to see on my doorstep.. perhaps you in your "best district to live in" Bromley do not have to witness the behaviour that some of us do... so there fore cant see it for what it is. Its scary and we are all worried about it.

There's a big leap from kids playing football in the road which is what the thread was originally about and a stabbing by three men.

That's a terrible thing to happen anywhere. That I live in Bromley doesn't mean that I'm not bothered or aware of what happens in Charlton where my elderly parents happen to live.

Do kids today have a different level of anger and attitude towards adults? Some of them maybe but all of them?
  • Options
    Sooooooooooooooooo Henry what would you do then ? you cant hit em, tell Ob (dont make me laugh). How woud you move em on ?

As with alot of stuff fine intentions re smaking etc get pulled out of shape and now those kids will have the OB on you in a second if they could. Beleive me OB would turn up then.

You seem to be alittle confused Henry its called LONDONDERRY and the apprentices stopped their city from being raised to the ground by a mob. They wernt hooligans they were heroes. Still you expected that answer didnt you. Thats why you posted what you did.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Some kids maybe, some kids certainly but all kids?

The parents on here say they would step in and that their kids would behave.

So is it that Charlton Life are unique amongst parents in giving their kids values and their kids in following them?

Or maybe some kids misbehave even when their parents have brought them up to not to. I'll admit to doing things that my parents would be dismayed to find out about - although I'm not telling you lot either : - )

I'm also having to smile knowing a few of these posters and that they have a less than law abiding past. I'm not judging anyone but would some of CLifers have been described as "yobs, hooligans, thieves" in younger days. Yes, yes I know. The Kray twins loved their mum and you could walk the streets (and as long as you had paid them their protection money they wouldn't burn your corner shop down)

Kids today are mouthy, loud and annoying sometimes. But wasn't it the apprentice boys of London who would regularly riot (I think the Apprentice boys in Derry got involved in violence as well). Isn't hooligan as a noun now over 100 years old? Why is that when kids in the old days were so well behaved?

Patrick Hooligan was an Irishman who was the first man to be arrested for fighting during a football match.

"CLifers have been described as "yobs, hooligans, thieves" in younger days."
    Is that a fact or a stab in the dak Henry>

The Kray twins loved their mum and you could walk the streets (and as long as you had paid them their protection money they wouldn't burn your corner shop down) It is a glamourised life style, which sadly has ruined alot of men,women and familes lifes, the only people that tell you they were great were villians themselves.

The reality is its the culture of this country, alot of do gooders, the kids no they can get away with murder, if they get a nicked then the parents a probably as bad as the kids or they will be sent to the local magistrates and told they are naughty young men and dont do it again. Personally there is a solution, a very simple one, for young offenders rather than send to a holiday camp where they can network and intimadate weaker offenders who end harming themselves due to the preasure and bulling they are recieving, why not send them to the army for three years. This would give them discipline, educate them and maybe make them better people. Yes the do gooders will complain about civil rights, but what about the rights of the people whose have had there property damaged, their car stolen, the poor kid who has been mugged for his phone or i pod, and maybe the little thugs may just think twice about commiting such crimes
  • Options
    The word hooligan comes from a very large Irish family group called Hoolihan that lived in lambeth. They were herberts and the sarf london ascent of hoolihan became hooligan. 100% true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Sooooooooooooooooo Henry what would you do then ? you cant hit em, tell Ob (dont make me laugh). How woud you move em on ?

No, you can't hit them but then I don't hit my own son so not going to hit someone elses.

What I'd do and what I have done and go and talk to them. If they don't move or give me lip then I have gone and talked to the parents and you know what. The parents were really embarressed and apologised.

And before you say "oh, that's in nice surburban Bromley" this was when I was living in Clapton. There was kid firing an air gun into back gardens. Worked out where it was coming from and went and knocked on the door. Didn't happen again.

another time I might have got told to "F*** off" but since you wanted to know that's what I did.

[cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]

You seem to be alittle confused Henry its called LONDONDERRY and the apprentices stopped their city from being raised to the ground by a mob. They wernt hooligans they were heroes. Still you expected that answer didnt you. Thats why you posted what you did.

A mob? surely not in the good old days. All that would have been needed was a clip around the ear from a lone policeman and the mob would have gone home.

And yes of course I expected that answer but the point in made. Some kids in the old days used to get stuck in and liked a row.
  • Options
    Henry I dont think when people say kids of today they actually mean every single living young teenager do they? Its just a figure of speech as well you know.
  • Options
    Two good books are "The Good Old days" about the East End in the late 1880s and "hell holes" about prison and the reasons for prison reform in the late 1880s.

However neither tell me how i get these kids away from smashing a ball against my wall or in my front garden. I wonder if i can get them all to move to Bromely ? or i might set the red ants on em.
  • Options
    Kids play football in the street, against garden walls, garage doors etc

Happened in your day, happened in my day and hopefully will carry on happening. Rather em be doing that than in some alley sticking a needle in their arm.

Just be glad they're not playing knock down ginger and your door bell is going every ten minutes :-)
  • Options
    not against my wall they dont, not in my garden or against my window. Two things could happen ignore it and nothing happens they go away. Or i twat one of em and its Belmarsh for me.