Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parakeets

Currently have 15-20 of them in the tree outside my window.

Cracking bird

Comments

• Options
    Great innit. Here at Shooters Hill we have a flock of about that size too. Lovely to see.
  • Options
    ex missus is at the bottom end of oxleas and there are always loads in her back garden
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    Cracking bird

is the missus out
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]ex missus is at the bottom end of oxleas...

Jezus, for a second there I thought you meant she was buried in the woods!
  • Options
    get the odd parrot here in Barnehurst and also a small hawk of some description, loves sparrows it does.
  • Options
    They are in the garden most days. Great fun to watch but very noisey at times.
  • Options
    I get them in the tree by my flat every morning - thankfully landlord has put double glazing in otherwise I was going to get myself a pellet gun. They look great but novelty wears off after they've woke you up for the 20th day in a row
  • Options
    if you shoot them do you reckon they will taste like pigeon AFKA catch us a few and i will put them in a pie
  • Options
    they've buggered off today, that's for sure !!
  • Options
    I remember a couple of years ago when they first started showing up, my family thought I was going mad. I would hear them in parents garden and call for my dad, "Quick! Look! Parrots" I would say, much to the bemusement of my increasingly concerned father.

When some months later we were on our way to the Valley we took a short cut through Charlton park when he finally saw the Parrots, "Blimey", he said, "That's a relief, I thought you were going mental!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got an apple tree at the end of the garden and get around 10 of them on most mornings tucking in
  • Options
    Had a robin in the garden today. Could be a good omen.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Had a robin in the garden today. Could be a good omen.[/quote]

Was it a Red Red Robin?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]Had a robin in the garden today. Could be a good omen.

Was it a Red Red Robin?

Yeh, Cheer me up.
  • Options
    The first colony was at the Glade in Sidcup when I was a teenager.....all escapees, great to see them adapt so well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TelinOz[/cite]The first colony was at the Glade in Sidcup when I was a teenager.....all escapees, great to see them adapt so well.

Sounds like oz.
  • Options
    lol :-)...just over a week before I escape
  • Options
    Tropical Parakeets in sunny London who would have thought....although my parents have a palm tree outside their house....
  • Options
    First saw them in Oxleas Wood, there is a colony in Greenwich Park now as well. Vfr my parents had a similar reaction to talking about parrots in the woods.
  • Options
    About 20 of them are circling my house again. Making a right racket, love it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]About 20 of them are circling my house again. Making a right racket, love it

what they playin air tennis afka?
  • Options
    someone catch one i will pluck it and put it in a pie beats paying 80 quid for one out of the petshop to taste
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]About 20 of them are circling my house again. Making a right racket, love it[/quote]

what they playin air tennis afka?[/quote]

Ha ha - you got there before me. I was gonna say he should ask them to make him a cricket bat when they'd done with the racket - then maybe some platform shoes!
  • Options
    lol nice try off it, couldnt believe my luck that no one else wise cracked afka's arse for that 'tennis jokes warrented' remark!