Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help Please - Bars 'up town'

Kids at in laws, going 'up town' with the missus Saturday, just for a few beers and whatever.

Anyone recommend any decent bars?

Obviously I know the famous ones but dont want to look like an numpty and get turned away.

Fancy somewhere a bit chilled, decent 'funky' music and a good atmosphere.

I'm shite outside SE London!!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    As you can see, most of us don't get out much !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Kids at in laws, going 'up town' with the missus Saturday, just for a few beers and whatever.

Anyone recommend any decent bars?

Obviously I know the famous ones but dont want to look like an numpty and get turned away.

Fancy somewhere a bit chilled, decent 'funky' music and a good atmosphere.

I'm shite outside SE London!!!!

Cheers

Alphabet bar on Beak Street used to be quite nice. chilled but funky and cool art on the walls. just off regent street at the bottom of soho. jewell bar is also ok, if a little expensive there are 2 one in covent garden and one in piccadilly not too far from Alphabet bar.
  • Options
    Thanking you Suz
  • Options
    The Alphabet Bar is a bit posh though. Apparently you have to mind your P's and Q's !!!!

I'm wasted here.....
  • Options
    Hoxton Hotel (great eastern Street, just off Old St) has a trendy bar & resturant which is really nice..
    the bar is open until around 2am.. good crowd, Dj playing funky music..
  • Options
    social bar on little portland street , good music and a non pretentious menu which includes things like beans on toast and fishfinger sandwiches.

http://www.thesocial.com/
  • Options
    Avoid The Club on Warwick Street, unfortunately I've had the miss fortune to go there twice.

It's a wannabe trendy bar that doesn't pull it off, plus the food is awful and really over priced. The first time I went there I walked out and left our bar bill unpaid. The 2nd time was for a friends birthday and we had to send nearly all of our meals back they were so bad.

Most of the other people in there were fat middle aged men with their shirts wide open and their gold necklaces on show, plus their women all looked liked they were being paid to be with them.

Not surprising then that it's owned by Tangoman
  • Options
    Red Bar and Two floors almost next door to each other on Kingley street... Just round the corner from the Alphabet aswell - which is a bit quieter at the weekend but does cracking cocktails so i'm told!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yes the cocktails there are awesome. I see a bar crawl on the cards for CPL!
  • Options
    Rothko recommends The Admiral Duncan...