Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Easter egg

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
Right, confession time.

Last easter my missus was reading some sunday supplement or another and and they reviewed various easter eggs. The daddy was one that Godiva were doing - almost an inch of milk chocolate with a dark chocolate outer shell and crammed full of chocs - so I went and got her one. 60-odd sheets it cost me. Yep, that's right, 60-odd sheets for a bleedin easter egg.

She ate half of it and the chocs inside over the following few weeks but the remaining half has been sitting in the fridge for a year now. I keep going on at her about it but the answers I was getting were unstaisfactory to say the least.

Anyway, I've come in tonight, gone to get a beer, seen this bloody thing still sitting there and have just scoffed the bleedin thing.

I don't feel the slightest bit bad about it, but the quesion is : should I be?

Comments

• Options
    No way!
    But still expect a right old telling off!
    My mum used to do the same when I used to live at home, she'd leave a chocolate bar (just a Dairy Milk for example) in the fridge for months on end. I'd see it starring at me every time I opened the fridge and in the end I'd give in and munch it. Within litterally half an hour that'd be it, she'd hit the roof! By the by I still stand by I did the right thing every time, chocolate is for eating and not for watching!
  • Options
    It's still edible after a year?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]It's still edible after a year?

quality chocolate mate - was bloody lovely!
    :o)
  • Options
    What is wrong with you man ?

You've gone to get a beer from the fridge but went for chocolate instead ?

Iron
  • Options
    make you right mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]

Iron

He then sat down to watch a nice musical !

What is it with women and chocolate ? How do they have the restraint to make a bar last a fortnight by only eating one or two squares a day ?

They're tough minded, i'll give them that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]almost an inch of milk chocolate with a dark chocolate outer shell

can't do dark chocolate, it's like ready salted crisps only grown ups eat it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]What is wrong with you man ?

Iron

Don't be silly - I had the beer too, and a couple more as I was munching my way through it.

I haven't said anything to her about it - am gonna see if she notices.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]almost an inch of milk chocolate with a dark chocolate outer shell

can't do dark chocolate, it's like ready salted crisps only grown ups eat it

I was like that too until I was anaemic; was told dark chocolate is actually high in iron - couldnt get enough of the stuff after then!
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    tell her it was past the sell by date so you had to throw it out - expensive chocolate just doesn't keep.....

;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    having thought about this all day, i still can't believe you paid sixty notes for an Easter Egg !!

Either the wealth divide between Sidcup and New Eltham is greater than i thought, or you was on a severe guilt trip at the time.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]having thought about this all day, i still can't believe you paid sixty notes for an Easter Egg !!

Looking back mate - neither can I. (I think it was actually 64 or 65!)
  • Options
    and I thought I was pushing the boat out paying £19:00 for one from Hotel Chocolate ! (I put this down to a guilt trip for skipping valentines. Well after 23 years it gets a bit lame innit?)