Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THIS IS CRAZY

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
We let the bloke spend £12M then give him until November.

Bloody stupidity.

I hope it is for another reason and not the board panicking. If it is then they are mad.

Who is going to come in and do a better job - HODDLE - ROBSON -

God forbid -

Comments

• Options
    Agreed........

I don't know whats going on.........

And Im now having a drink.....
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    I reckon the chairman might have seen what happened at Millwall - if its not working sack em before its too late,

Admit you made a mistake, bring in someone new + keep your fingers crossed
  • Options
    We didnt see that he was gonna be as bad as he was when we gave him £12m to spend. For all the injury excuses you have to admit that Murray must have seen something he really wasnt happy with to let him go before the end of the season, nevermind Nov!

Better to get rid now. Get someone new in and ensure we dont go down
  • Options
    my point though Dan is he has spent £12 fucking million pounds on players.

The new manager comes in say - does't like Diawara - doesn't like reid - think Jimmy's past it - traore is no good.

We are bottom - players who are at the bottom of the table are not going to recoup what we spent on them ,should the new manager want rid, are they -

Murray already said Dowie has spent some of next season's budget. Madness - I hope I am proved wrong and if I am I will hold my hands up but this is just wrong IMHO
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I feel we are in a FAR worse situation than we were when we were drawing up the short list of who was going to take over from Alan C. We are now not only seriously in the red having spent 12 million, we also have alot of fresh new signings on BIG wages, Prem wages and we have People liek Darren B and Luke Y on serious coin......

If we have not lined someone up, and have not been working behind the scenes on something prety good, Im afraid we are absolutley in the Sh*t........

If this is knee jerk I will be furious.......( as in no back up plan)

Im feeling really uncomfortable.......
  • Options
    Were not gonna be able to get rid of too many anyway cos the transfer window is only 4 weeks long...

But at least now we might be able to get out of the relegation.

Whats worse having a manager "stuck" with players or getting relegated and lossing shedloads, plus not being able to sell the players at the correct value cos everyone knows were gonna have a car boot sale cos we cant afford their wages in the CCC?
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    If he's been sacked Murray will have a successor in mind.

If he walked he may well have reasons that could not be anticipated as he does not come across as a quitter or a runner.
  • Options
    The players he brought in might have been by the director of football guy, what's his name?

Also has been said on other threads they looked like former Curb's targets? Mybe Dowie has said they aren't my players and walked, told you they would not be good enough.

2 mistakes by Diawara on Saturday cause a change?

At the end of the day we do not know, the players who have come in have improved the team in my mind (though the sooner we see ElK not in the tam the better).

I would imagine with all incoming we have been cautious and all will have clauses in event of relegation in terms of wages/being sold.
  • Options
    Mirror tomorrow says it's tied in with Hasslebaink (alledgedly)...not so sure myself, but there you go...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whats tied in with Hasselbaink?
  • Options
    To be honest, if it turned out that he'd got so pissed off with Jimmy playing the big man and lamped him one, he'd go with my best wishes :-)

(this is all utter utter speculation by the way, should any passing journo read this)
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [quote]The players he brought in might have been by the director of football guy, what's his name?

Also has been said on other threads they looked like former Curb's targets? Mybe Dowie has said they aren't my players and walked, told you they would not be good enough.

2 mistakes by Diawara on Saturday cause a change?

At the end of the day we do not know, the players who have come in have improved the team in my mind (though the sooner we see ElK not in the tam the better).

I would imagine with all incoming we have been cautious and all will have clauses in event of relegation in terms of wages/being sold.[/quote]

Can't see where Talal is to blame, he has done alright so far this season imo!
  • Options
    The ElK has had one or two good games of late but was shocking at the start of the season to be frank, he gave up at Fulham and that was what 3 games ago - jogging back to the middle when running was required.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Charlie[/cite]Mirror tomorrow says it's tied in with Hasslebaink (alledgedly)...not so sure myself, but there you go...

I really am beginning to thoroughly dislike Hasselbaink. If he's involved in causing discontent leading to Dowie's departure then I'm really going to dislike him.
  • Options
    I Don't Think the Directors Have NOT Thought About This Before,Must Have A Plan B? FInancial Thinking,Staying In The Prem, Not Going Ahead With Ground Developments(Just Yet)Next Years T.V. Money,Loss Of Squad Members & losing season ticket holders.If Alan LOST THE DRESSING Room,What Has A Young Inspirational Mananger like Ian Dowie Contributed. WHY NOW.
  • Options
    They weren't his "buys" anyway.