Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Money worries

edited April 2008 in Not Sports Related
It seems I am somewhat in the brown stuff at the moment.

I need advice on ways to boost my income.

I'm thinking gigolo.

Dan Dickolo male gigolo anyone?

Got a Mitsubishi FTO for sale if anyone is interested too

Comments

• Options
    You're always in the brown stuff, you usually take photos of it...

take a look at http://www.moneysavingexpert.com in terms of how to save money, its helped me in the past loads.

In terms of raising income, if you're being serious, then either go down the ebay route (take some tips on best how to sell stuff) or alternatively take all what you own and put in on red.
  • Options
    I'll book up for Vegas then.
  • Options
    What I've always done instead of trying to boost income is cut out-goings, look at all the little luxury's I have and either cut down or cut them out for a period. That usually sorts me out over a two month period or so.
  • Options
    On the ebay front some people make money buy buying stock from excess stock comapnies and then sell it individually on ebay, I probablyt have a excess stock suppliers web site if you want it. But cutting down on expenses is a good foundation for a start
  • Options
    A simple one (that you're probably not going to like) is to cut down on trips to the pub. If you go 4-5 times per week, try to only go twice. Fags & petrol are also good ones to cut doen (if you can).

Swap your mobile/broadband/electric/gas etc etc
  • Options
    I have loads of excess stock just not teh time if anyone wants to make me a offer?

Cosmopolitan Hair Brushes

Hair items
    Bobbles scrunchies, clips etc
    All Licenced
    BAng On The Door
    Betty Boop
    Fimbles
    Cosmo
    My Little Pony etc

Toobrushes Action Man bamg on teh door with plush items and cups etc

Betty Boop Box sets
    Bubble baths

Expandable flannels star wars and Simpsons

Can supply photos
  • Options
    Start a football website. Solved all my money worries ;-)

By the way Carter, you owe on the last three months dues.
  • Options
    Got a motor? Sell it and get a cheap banger instead. Few years ago my mate did this - bagged himself 12k for punting on his Saab and bought a shitty second hand 206 for just over a grand. I'm sure it was a wrench to see it go, but needs must. Wiped all his debts out in an instant. Plus he was easier to get beers out of as a result.

Part time bar work? preferably in a nightclub where you can skim 'tips' by charging for post-mix soft drinks and then not ringing them through the till (or so I've heard...)

Any good with IT? Pimp yourself out locally by putting cards up in supermarkets - you'd be amazed how many people actually look at those cards - a mate of mine gets about five calls a week for fixing PCs that are ****ed (the O/S is usually beyond repairing so just reinstall Windows - 2 hours later - job done, 100 quid better off each time)

Failing that, stop spending money you aint got. :)
  • Options
    Following on from my post

These items retail for anything from £1.49 - £15.00

im looking at gettig silly money for these to just clear some space so teh potential
    to make money is huge
  • Options
    Anyone ever looked into those adverts you see tied to lamposts/traffic lights etc...
    "Earn 3-5k a month working form home!"?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Even though WSS says you're poorly endowed, you're probably too young to have been mis-sold an endowment policy, but just in case:
    http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/money/campaigns/endowment_mortgages/index.jsp

I got thousands back for my policies using their letter generator.
  • Options
    I make a bit of cash from stock photography. Got any photo's you could sell Dicko?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Even though WSS says you're poorly endowed, you're probably too young to have been mis-sold an endowment policy, but just in case:
    http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/money/campaigns/endowment_mortgages/index.jsp

I got thousands back for my policies using their letter generator.

I did that and was told by L&G that our policy wasn't mis-sold. Two years later returned from a holiday to find a letter to say that due to another case they had re-examined ours and that, although not mis-sold, we were not given enough information. After a bit of wrangling we settled. They wanted us to take out another policy but for some strange reason we declined.
  • Options
    Dicko Try not overcharging for your DJ'ing & you may get more work :-)
  • Options
    Being unemployed, I've insisted the wife now has two jobs.

Sorted ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Being unemployed, I've insisted the wife now has two jobs.

Sorted ;-)[/quote]

good call
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I make a bit of cash from stock photography. Got any photo's you could sell Dicko?

right medders - show this bloody photo come on - it has to be a good 'un because Dicko wasn't happy when you mentioned it before. I think the charlton life board want to see it.

All those who want to see it say aye.

aye

Come on Medders you know it makes sense.
  • Options
    so anyone want to buy the goods? all
  • Options
    How much
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]How much[/quote]

im willing to sell as a whole of in smaller amounts.

I would have to get all the stuff out and work it out shiould only take ahour or so LOL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]I make a bit of cash from stock photography. Got any photo's you could sell Dicko?

right medders - show this bloody photo come on - it has to be a good 'un because Dicko wasn't happy when you mentioned it before. I think the charlton life board want to see it.

All those who want to see it say aye.

aye

Come on Medders you know it makes sense.

Think you're getting Dicko confused with Stu mate... easy mistake to make!
  • Options
    RIght the car I have for sale is a FTO, a beast and would take a sensible price for it. No way can I sell my VW need it as its a diesel and I can fit my DJ gear in it for lucrative cash work. Money hard earned too as unlike mr Ketman I play everything not just tribal techno ;-)

I have very early starts so barwork is a bit of a no but not out of the question, I have a short temper though. God knows what photo Medders has of me noone has already seen, my holiday pictures must be worth a few bob though.

By trade what I do means I can do all sorts of private work but it seems their ain't much about at the moment. I have got an iron in the fire regarding something along the lines of what DJDD suggested.
  • Options
    Have you thought about doing a few nights on New Road Dicko?
  • Options
    or clipping near soho
  • Options
    Carter,

Thought about a lodger?

Might go a good way towards paying the mortgage each month and there could be tax advantages too possibly.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/TaxOnPropertyAndRentalIncome/DG_4017804
  • Options
    Or here's a cracking idea Dicko....

Cut down on your outgoings!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Or here's a cracking idea Dicko....

Cut down on your outgoings!

I'm glad you are here
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    What BHP does the GTO kick out? I used to have a young lad working for me who had one and reckoned he got over 700BHP at the flywheel. He bought new tyres every month lol.