Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

les reed

edited April 2008 in General Charlton
saw him in bromley this morning,said hi and spoke about charlton he said hes scouting for charlton and orient and that sinclair from chelsea to us on loan was hes deal,also rates mark robson highly and thinks he will be manager within two years at charlton,said be groomed for the job by himself.

Comments

• Options
    Sinclair was his doing? I'd almost started thinking of him as 'uncle' Les again ;-)
  • Options
    Regardless of what happened - Les is one of the nicest people in football, a genuine guy who loves Charlton.
  • Options
    said he tried to get jason crowe from northampton in,said he brillant and we would be in top two if he had.
  • Options
    seemed that way bdl.
  • Options
    I don't blame him Big Dave, he strikes me as a bloody nice bloke. Hence the wink thing.
  • Options
    Nice bloke, great coach, not a manager .. but which one of us would have turned down the opportunity to manage our team
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Nice bloke, great coach, not a manager .. but which one of us would have turned down the opportunity to manage our team

absolutely spot on , will always be remembered fondly despite last seasons debacle
  • Options
    It didn't help that he took over at the wrong time after a sacked manager, a run of defeats, players injured, confidence low etc.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]Regardless of what happened - Les is one of the nicest people in football, a genuine guy who loves Charlton.

Absolutely BDL Spot on.
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]It didn't help that he took over at the wrong time after a sacked manager, a run of defeats, players injured, confidence low etc.

True but them's the breaks.

Wonder what he was doing in Bromley as he lives in a village in Essex.
  • Options
    Met him after the FA CUP Final the season we were relegated walking down the Thames in Kingston with his Missus. He was happy to chat about Charlton for ages despite the fact I had been on the lash all day top fella & true Gent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    could not stop him chatting about charlton,my missus bought two tops in debenhams and make up in boots and went outside to top shop and came back and les was still chatting,i have a feeling he hopes one day to be robbos assistant in near future.
  • Options
    'i have a feeling he hopes one day to be robbos assistant in near future'

Well keep dreaming Les.
  • Options
    just a hunch,he thinks the world of robbo.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]just a hunch,he thinks the world of robbo.

did he say much about the dowie scenario
  • Options
    nope.
  • Options
    nice guys don't always get on especially in the Premiership and what with our squad and team problems at the time..
  • Options
    did anyone see dowie last night?
    he was a summariser for the sheff w v coventry game in the sky studio. they go to him in injury time with coventry 1-0 up and he gives it 'coventry deserve this win........better side...... blah blah' etc etc, and as he's talking wednesday score. he nearly leapt out of the chair with delight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]did anyone see dowie last night?

yeah it took him 10 minutes to say who'd scored , whether it was wednesday or coventry and he didn't have a clue which player scored it either
  • Options
    Glad he went or we'd still be in the bloody Prem!
  • Options
    Would Robson be the shortest manager in the league? He'd need stepladders to get out of the dug out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2008
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but, if Reed had only been given the Managers role on a caretakers basis then he may have never had to leave the club. He could have been given the chance to stake a claim for the job permanently, and if it didn't work out he could have reverted back to his previous role under the new Manager, which is the job he does best.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Glad he went or we'd still be in the bloody Prem!

not sure about that but we'd be above 11th in this pub league ffs
  • Options
    'Hindsight is a wonderful thing but, if Reed had only been given the Managers role on a caretakers basis then he may have never had to leave the club. He could have been given the chance to stake a claim for the job permanently, and if it didn't work out he could have revert back to his previous role under the new Manager, which is the job he does best. '

err only if the new manager wanted him as a member of the backroom staff.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]err only if the new manager wanted him as a member of the backroom staff.
    That's why I said could

As he was manager he had to leave the club to make way for Pardew. If he was only appointed as caretaker then he could have gone back to his old role if Pardew wanted to keep him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]err only if the new manager wanted him as a member of the backroom staff.
    That's why I said could

As he was manager he had to leave the club to make way for Pardew. If he was only appointed as caretaker then he could have gone back to his old role if Pardew wanted to keep him.

His old job was First Team coach, but Pards brought in Parkinson and so that would have been that for Uncle Les.
  • Options
    Serious Les Reed hatred going on on Saintsweb at the moment, blaming him for all their player sales. Surely it's the Boards fault isn't it?
  • Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but what's his job down there? DOF I assume? If so, his job would be to buy/sell on the instructions of the board or Ronald Koeman...........
  • Options

Serious Les Reed hatred going on on Saintsweb at the moment, blaming him for all their player sales. Surely it's the Boards fault isn't it?

Do you have a link ?
  • Options

How can they blame Les Reed? Think they'll find the owner decides on player sales not the DOF.