Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Many of this current squad would have made it in the championship winning team or squad

Personally i think only ZZ, Paddy, Thomas and Varney, but they would have only been squad members and not within the starting eleven

Comments

• Options
    Shazza
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    On Saturday's team vs. Playoff Final

Ilic - Weaver
    Mills - Alfordi
    Bowen - Thatcher
    Jones - Semedo
    Rufus - Sodje
    Youds - McCarthy
    Newton - Ambrose
    Kinsella - Holland
    Bright - Iwelumo
    Mendonca - Lita
    Heaney - Thomas

Robinson - Cook
    Brown - Zheng
    Steve Jones- Varney

On Saturday's team vs. Last game of Championship Winning Season (vs. West Brom):

Kiely - Weaver
    Barness - Alfordi
    Rufus - Sodje
    Tiler - McCarthy
    Konchesky - Thatcher
    Newton - Ambrose
    Kinsella - Holland
    Parker - Semedo
    Robinson - Thomas
    Hunt - Iwelumo
    Svensson - Lita

Stuart - Zheng
    Salako - Cook
  • Options
    Don't agree with Iwelumo for Bright. If Iwelumo had tried to get in Perez's way on the cross for Rufus' goal you can bet your life he wouldn't have been so subtle about it and would've given away a free kick. That happens, we lose 3-2 and slip into oblivion!
  • Options
    too tight to call the Stuart/Zheng

Lita, Halford,Cook and Sodje not even ours so not worth entering them into the mix.

Thatcher over Bowen - not for me Bowen was a class act even getting on in age as well
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]too tight to call the Stuart/Zheng

Lita, Halford,Cook and Sodje not even ours so not worth entering them into the mix.
    Yeah, I had a problem with that one as well. I know regarding the loan players are not "ours" but i have a sneaky feeling that Alfordi and Sodje will be...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]i have a sneaky feeling that Halford will be...

who???
  • Options
    Oh yeah, Alfordi - how silly of me!
  • Options
    Interesting that while arguably in a number of positions we have more quality now both those sides had a solid spine to them, something that the current side does not imo.
  • Options
    Rufus and Kinsella seem to be the big diffence between the two.
  • Options
    None really...maybe Holland and Paddy in the periphery....not starters though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2008
    Play off side Thomas for Heaney maybe otherwise none.

Championship side perhaps Mc Carthy or Sodje for Tiler otherwise none. Change that. Thomas for Salako as sub.
  • Options
    Have no idea, but great idea to put the comparisons up WSS.
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    The only choice I really had to think about was whether to play Brown at RB instead of Shields (who I rated), and bring in Todd at CB. This is injury and illness aside..

[align=center]Kiely
    Shields - Rufus - Brown - Powell
    Stuart - Kinsella - Parker - Robinson
    Mendonca - Hunt[/align]

Championship winning season = 10 and a half players
    Current team = half a player.

EDITED - Forgot Chris Powell circa 99/00.
  • Options
    9 months on from the last post..............

er, none ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]9 months on from the last post..............

er, none ?

Agreed none sadly. Demonstrates our rapid decline.
  • Options
    ZERO
  • Options
    Definitely none. Not only much better players, but i actually liked all our players then. They were all ours for one thing.
  • Options
    Dickson

;-)
  • Options
    Shelvey
    ;-)
  • Options
    I'd be more than happy to see JJ and Dicko in the present team. Give me young hungry players over old loan players every time.