Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leroy Lita - New Charlton Hero

2»

Comments

• Options
    I believe he changes his boots after every 7 games. How many has he played for us?
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Just wanted to post that after yesterdays game I saw Leroy take off his boots and give them to a young lad at the front of the north stand. Say what you like about the game yesterday but in 46 years of being addickted I have never seen that before. As you can imagine the young boy was absolutely chuffed to bits. That one gesture probably means that he has sentenced the youngster to a lifelong love affair with this great football club. At a time when most of the coverage footballers receive is about greed and lack of commitment it made me feel proud that Leroy was wearing the Charlton shirt. His wonderful goal celebration also proved that this player does give a sh1t. I doubt that we could afford to sign him permanently but I really hope we can and do. He is obviously the sort of player we need at The Valley. Compare that with the Marcus Bents of this world. Well done Leroy. COMMON YOU REDS
    What would a child want with a pair of nike high heels?
  • Options
    This thread is about a professional player making a kind gesture to a young supporter and Lita showing passion after a scoring a goal. Blimey, even a positive post seems to draw negativity. Suggest that some of you go and support Newcastle as they havent won anything for over 50 years yet they still think they are a big club.
  • Options
    I thought Lita looked sharp against WBA - was just no creativity from the midfield and no decent crosses coming in from the wings so absolutely no service

didn't see the Wolves game but sounds like he did well

he is clearly a cut above the rest of our strikers (Varney, Iwelumo, Gray etc.) and if there is anyway we can get him for next season he will do the business and score 20 goals no probs
  • Options
    not sure he's a cut above Varney who creates for himself and others, although admittedly not enough..
  • Options
    His first half performance was one of the worst from a Charlton player this season.

Thought linked up well with Big Chris in second.
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn

I'm reserving judgement on him as i've heard he has attitude problems which is another reason Coppell wants to get shot of him.
    Still i'm sure you'll all be moaning about him again next week when he can't hit a cows arse.

yeah but he can hit the net twice eh carly?
  • Options
    Hindsight is such a great thing!!
  • Options
    so is faith me old fruit
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]

I'm reserving judgement on him as i've heard he has attitude problems which is another reason Coppell wants to get shot of him.
    Still i'm sure you'll all be moaning about him again next week when he can't hit a cows arse.[/cite]
    [cite]

yeah but he can hit the net twice eh carly?[/cite]

Twice was enough :o)
  • Options
    and lisbie scored a hattrick against Liverpool, let's wait and see on Lita. He made quite a nice goal yesterday (lsb)
  • Options
    Leroy is a legend!

Almost got his shirt at the end as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]so is faith me old fruit

Well said, sir.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]

Still i'm sure you'll all be moaning about him again next week when he can't hit a cows arse.[/cite]
    [cite]

yeah but he can hit the net twice eh carly?[/cite]

O.k o.k.Hands up.You were right and i was wrong.
    I'm warming to the bloke.

**(Be warned.In the past i've been known to 'warm' to Neil Refearn and Iain Dowie!!)**
  • Options
    And Carl Leaburn .....?

But then Leeeeeeeeeaburrrrrrrn was born in Lewisham.
    Local boy. One of us.

;o)
  • Options
    Read in one of the freebie papers that Watford are thinking of making a £2m bid for Leroy in the summer. Wonder if our transfer budget for next season will stretch that far?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]Read in one of the freebie papers that Watford are thinking of making a £2m bid for Leroy in the summer. Wonder if our transfer budget for next season will stretch that far?

I thought he was quoted at nearer £6m a while back?

As ever it'll depend on wages and what Watford or a.n.other club will offer that depends on where he goes. I can't see him staying at Reading, unless Coppell moves on.
  • Options
    and what division those clubs are in