Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lisbie game

edited March 2008 in General Charlton
hypothetically, assuming he would have stayed fit, if he had stayed at the valley and been first choice this season how many goals do you think he could have scored. 20?

Comments

• He would of been slaughtered after not scoring for 2 games on the spin so no!!
  • good point!
  • edited March 2008
    He'd have been lucky to get anywhere near double figures. You can't use what he has done with Colchester as a basis of how he would have done with us.

He needed to move and I think that it was the fresh challenge of a new club that has worked for him.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]He would of been slaughtered after not scoring for 2 games on the spin so no!![/quote]

so true but you sure he would have lasted that long before the worst fans in the league got on his back?
  • Chris Iwelumo scored 16 for Colchester last term ! Funny how the challenge of a new club hasn`t worked out quite so well for him ?
  • Obviously this shows that Colchester's midfield is better at creating chances than ours is.
  • I won`t argue with that.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Obviously this shows that Colchester's midfield is better at creating chances than ours is.

And there is the answer.Our forwards have to come so deep to receive the ball because the midfield is absolutely scared s*itless of attacking!
  • How can you say our midfield is scared of attacking?? Ambrose has 9, Zheng Zhi has about that too, Reid had 7 or 8 before he left.

Hardly a crab midfield is it!!
  • edited March 2008
    Lisbie can create for himself so can play well with an indifferent midfield.

I wanted to keep him and his record in the bottom team of our division shows why.

He showed the limitations of Paddy all too clearly at The Valley and a good number of you rate Paddy as Player of The Year.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]How can you say our midfield is scared of attacking??

central midfield of holland (willing runner but never an attacker even at his peak) and semedo (centre half convert)

there's your answer, no thrust, no drive, no attacking contribution between two of our four midfielders at all, we have no attacking threat in the centre so all teams have to do is defend the long ball well and manmark our 2 wide players and we are nothing whatsoever going forward
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]How can you say our midfield is scared of attacking??

central midfield of holland (willing runner but never an attacker even at his peak) and semedo (centre half convert)

there's your answer, no thrust, no drive, no attacking contribution between two of our four midfielders at all, we have no attacking threat in the centre so all teams have to do is defend the long ball well and manmark our 2 wide players and we are nothing whatsoever going forward

Peter Begrie made the same point at half time yesterday. If he can see it why can't the Pardew?
  • Lisbie is a better player than Iwelumo, but needed a new challenge after a couple of injury wrecked seasons at Charlton.

We may get him back, I can't see that he'll stay at Colchester if as expected they get relegated.
  • But the old chestnut - would Lisbie want to come back after all the abuse he got at Charlton?

If you were Lisbie, would you?
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Obviously this shows that Colchester's midfield is better at creating chances than ours is.

Or that he played almost double the games and scored 5 penalties???

Colchester are scoring goals - they have 55 this season in the league (to our 56), their problem is the defence.
  • Several of Lisbie's goals this season have been fine individual goals.
  • i repeat lisbie was shit for charlton,thats what counts
  • How many have been consolation goals against defences - relaxed because the game is already in the bag for them or less pumped up because they are only up against little Colchester? It's the Darren Bent effect all over again.

I'm glad for him that he has done well this season, but in more than a decade for us he only performed well in perhaps half a dozen games for us. All this hand wringing because he left us is looking back with rose tiunted glasses - he was mostly utter sh*te for us full stop.

I never used to get excited when Lisbie was through on goal because 99 times out of 100 he would screw it up.
  • FFS get MISBIE back !! are you f**kin having a laugh !!!
    over 10 years paying his wages for f**k all to , every injury known to human science and a few that aint !! Always the nearly man and miles from ever being The Man. One good game against The Scousers and that was it.
    He owes CAFC everything thats EVERYTHING.

GET a grip !!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]FFS get MISBIE back !! are you f**kin having a laugh !!!
    over 10 years paying his wages for f**k all to , every injury known to human science and a few that aint !! Always the nearly man and miles from ever being The Man. One good game against The Scousers and that was it.
    He owes CAFC everything thats EVERYTHING.

GET a grip !!

Great Post !
  • Sorry, guys, got you all wound up .......... I wasn't really serious :o)

SuperKev would be MAD to come back to Charlton under any circumstances.
    It was Hell on Earth for him here.

He's a confidence player - he became very afraid to miss in front of goal so, life being a self-fulfilling prophecy, he invariably did. Vicious circle.

Then came the freak injuries and serious illness.
    Nothing worked out for him and the Boo Boys went for his throat.

He's away from all that negativity now, with a fresh canvas and lower expectations & pressure, he's finally blossoming into the talented footballer that he always promised to be.

Let's face it, he's going to be a 20 goals a season man in a relegation doomed side.
    How many of our strikers are going to score 20 goals this season?

Lisbie back to Charlton?
    Put yourself inside his head .....I bet he'd rather go anywhere than come back to this hostile Hell hole.
  • 'Put yourself inside his head .....I bet he'd rather go anywhere than come back to this hostile Hell hole.'

You would think we are turning into Galatasaray supporters !!
  • I'd love someone like Paddy McCarthy next season to run onto the Selhurst pitch next season (after we have given them a good shoeing) and plant a Addicks flag in the centre circle a la Graeme Souness!
  • Lisbie plays for Lisbie, end of.

It's true we should have got rid of him years ago but for our own sake & not for his. This was a player who I saw with my own eye's playing pool & drinking beer the day before a very important game. Not exactly busting your balls trying to impress your gaffer to pick you for the team eh??

He's shown at Colchester what he can do when he puts his mind to it. I mean last week he had a calf injury that was supposed to rule him out for the rest of the season......low & behold he's back in the team the week after. Never did that at Charlton.

I chuckle when I see him score, that's it. Back at Charlton..........it is April fool's isn't it!
  • Souness as next manager locked on FACT !!!
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    I chuckle when I see him score, that's it. Back at Charlton..........it is April fool's isn't it!

Yep, April Fool's, LittleSis ............

I was hoping a few more would bite.

Have a nice day! :o)
  • According to the SLP, Neil Warnock is considering a summer bid for Lisbie.....
  • I reckon that if not Palarse he'll move on and Col U will make at least a million on him. Couldn't say the same about Iwelumo.