Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Had to smile

I passed two blokes on the way back to my car and they were saying how 2-2 against an inform Wolves was not a bad result! I didn't have the heart to tell them!!

Comments

• Ketman was probably one of them!
  • edited March 2008
    F'ing part time fans
  • It does make me wonder when people leave early do they just think in their mind that that is the final score, or do they rush back to the car to get confirmation etc.

Has anyone ever got home from a game and found out it was a different score than you thought it was ?
  • me and sue were late coming back in for the second half once against newscastle and didnt realise newcastle had scored in that short time. We didnt find out till we were getting a burger outside the liberal club after.
  • On a positive note, I heard two guys talking on the way out of the ground "look at it this way, it really didn't matter [Wolves scoring the winner] as we only lost one point"!

Great stuff....it certainly cheered me up.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]It does make me wonder when people leave early do they just think in their mind that that is the final score, or do they rush back to the car to get confirmation etc.

Has anyone ever got home from a game and found out it was a different score than you thought it was ?

Yes, I left as soon as we went 2-1 down saturday as I really didn't think I could control myself enough not to be thrown out and didn't know the final score till Sunday morning, even then I had to watch the Championship as the paper said both goals in the 90th min, just to see if we equalised or not.......yes I really was 'that' pissed off !
  • As it was late Saturday when this happened and I had talksport on in the car that didn't mention it I wonder when they finally found out the score? Maybe they still think it was a draw lol.
  • Me and my old man got up to go just as Lita's header went in. We cheered ofcourse, then looked at each other and carried on walking. Experience.
  • I'm sure there were quite a few who left at 2-1.

And thinking of the West Brom - Colchester match, I wonder how many fans there went home when the score was 3-2 to Colchester?
  • Sponsored links:

• I never never leave early when I'm at the ground

However, I was watching the match in the pub here in Lyon when suddenly with 2 minutes to go someone at the bar started fiddling with the channels.

I went to the bar to ask urgently that they turn it back over. After spending ages trying to explain to everyone that I hadn't been watching Manchester United, the girl at the bar (who's a bit dim IMO) said 'well, if there's only 2 minutes left it doesn't matter'. I said that a lot could happen in two minutes. She again discussed it with the French guys at the bar who insisted the match had finished (they's been watching Man U). In the end I said that we'd been discussing it for 5 minutes and that it was probably over now. I felt a bit like Basil Fawlty in the episode where he has to explain the difference between the fire and burglar alarm.
    In the end I got pretty annoyed and told the girl that she should learn how to use a remote control. She started crying and her colleague came to defend her. I'm virtually barred now!
    I got home in a foul mood to find that I did have good reason to get annoyed. The girl's deliberations cost me seeing the two goals.

Don't be like the girl. It's not worth it.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I'm sure there were quite a few who left at 2-1.

And thinking of the West Brom - Colchester match, I wonder how many fans there went home when the score was 3-2 to Colchester?

They would have only missed 60 added on seconds ......... (!)

;o)