Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spanish Galleon, Greenwich.

Sorry folks, I'm not trying to turn this site into ww.fancyapint.com!

I am supposed to be meeting a few mates in there tonight, haven't been there for a while. I used to go there lunchtimes when I was at Canary Wharf, very easy on the DLR, and when you are a Real Ale fan CW is a bloody nightmare!
Anyway, anyone got any thoughts on the place please?
Shepard Neame and the beer was always good when I went there.

Comments

• Options
    Haven't been for a couple of years, but nice enough place and good Shepherds Neame Ales, Whitstable Bay is fantastic
  • Options
    used to be very very smokey when the smoking ban was in place, and they served up food, but it was hard to see it coming when people were smoking so heavily.
    nice pub since its stopped though and they always seem to have loads of different beers available.
  • Options
    Last time me mate Francis was there, he said he sunk a few ;o)
  • Options
    It is the 69th anniversary of the end of the Spanish Civil War today. That is why we chose this pub- honestley! We are those types of blokes!

Thanks for your comments, and puns!
  • Options
    I've heard the pub is full of anchors.
  • Options
    The manager there grabbed my mate from behind the bar and tried to attack him after refusing to exchange our rancid pints.

Boycott the place.
  • Options
    Had a very enjoyable evening there thank you.
    Bitter was excellent, bar staff very friendly. Whole atmosphere very +35, which, as a group of average 46 year olds, was most welcome in this day and age.