Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL - Should Alan Curbishley be approached to return as manger

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Guests, please sign up for membership to cast your votes and see the poll. Membership takes literally 30 seconds.
Members - scroll down for poll at the bottom

Comments

• Options
    i don't know what to think !!!
  • Options
    "Guests, please sign up for membership to cast your votes and see the poll"?? Youre using this as a recruitment drive? Was it you handing out fliers at Priestfield as well? ;-)
  • Options
    No - We need to move on as a club as from now

My vote..right man for the job, but wrong time for both club and Curbs.
  • Options
    I went for option 4 but for similar reasons to option 3, we need to move on and not go back.
  • Options
    Sorry, cant decide between 1 and 4.

Maybe the change has done him good, maybe he really loves the club and would relish the return and yet they say never go back and I think this applies for Curbs.

Or he could do a Redknapp at Pompey and turn a potentially good team into a winning one.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Sorry, cant decide between 1 and 4.

Maybe the change has done him good, maybe he really loves the club and would relish the return and yet they say never go back and I think this applies for Curbs.

Or he could do a Redknapp at Pompey and turn a potentially good team into a winning one.

Snap!
  • Options
    I cant answer that question.......

Im leaning towards curbs and then see how he goes option.......

Bringback curbs???
  • Options
    Curbs time had come to an end. He knew it and the board knew it. To bring him back would be a huge mistake.
  • Options
    OK then Lisbie........ realistically who can get us out the most serious situation this club has been in for 15 years?????
  • Options
    Alan has just been ruled out!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs out of the running SSN!
  • Options
    And right for him to be fair!!!!
  • Options
    I dont see any better alternative.

If Pardew had of been sacked a couple of weeks ago then yes. Who is there apart from taking a chance on an up and coming manager?

Maybe we'll ask Lennie if he fancies a go on Thursday :)
  • Options
    That's the point, I can't think of anyone which makes the decision to sack Dowie, if that is what has happened even more crazy.
  • Options
    Squad and Curbs shocked apparently- Big surprise
  • Options
    Exactly........

there'll be a coupleof one liners thats for sure.......

Ill be there.....
  • Options
    Shouldn't go back, Curbs has moved, on hope there is a plan mind.
  • Options
    NO
  • Options
    The only reason that I can think against it at the moment is that we would be guaranteed to lose to Wycombe :)
  • Options
    There's little point in discussing this:

Alan Curbs Addicks enthusiasm
    By Alex Dunn - Created on 13 Nov 2006

Alan Curbishley has moved quickly to rule out a return to The Valley following Charlton's decision to part company with Iain Dowie.

Whilst Curbishley lasted 15 years in the dugout, Dowie's reign was spread over 15 games in a five-and-a-half month period that yielded just two league victories.

Charlton acted quickly to curb a worrying start to the season under their under incumbent and following Dowie's exit, Curbishley has jumped to the head of the queue in many supporters' eyes as a possible replacement.

However, whilst Curbishley has made no secret of a desire to return to football, he will not be making it at Charlton.

"I left Charlton for a new challenge," said Curbishley. "Going back there wouldn't be right for me or the club.

"It doesn't give me any pleasure to see them bottom of the league."

© 2006 BSkyB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, thread closed. Interesting to see the initial reactions were a resounding NO though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!