Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just about to hand my notice in

after six years of running a leading directory, the brown stuff is going to hit the wall, never done it before, what shall i look out for,i fear a battle

Comments

• Whatever you do, do not burn your bridges by getting personal.
  • i would like to think i am ending on a high, just feel the job has run its time
  • If you are absolutely sure, then just be poker faced about it and take Ketmans advice.

Good luck!
  • they cant be that pissed off with you if you've done a six year stint there!!

Although get ready for some gardening leave if you're going to a competitor!!
  • How easier is it to get out of a 3 month notice period ?
  • the three month period doesnt bother me as the company owe me a huge amount of commision, so i am happy to stay, do a hand and leave on a high
  • make sure they are going to pay yoor commission before you tell them you are leaving!
  • I have a 3 month notice period too but really don't want to be here any more.

Served them for 11.5 years now and looking for a complete career change - but seeing as my first child is due at the end of July I guess career change now is not such a hot idea