Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cristiano Ronaldo

Comments

• Options
    Don't get me wrong, I think Ronaldo's a pathetic, petulant twat but don't really see what you're getting at Paulie. He's given someone a couple of laughably girlish clips and consequently, been sent off. As such, he will serve a ban - like any other player.

What more do you want? If, simply, for people to go out of their way to lambaste him, then I fear you may be more pitiable than the man in question's actions.
  • Options
    Don't want to sound like a Bovril from the Charlton Facebook page but the ganging up on Paulie is starting to make me feel uncomfortable.
  • Options

Don't want to sound like a Bovril from the Charlton Facebook page but the ganging up on Paulie is starting to make me feel uncomfortable.

Too late!
  • Options

Don't get me wrong, I think Ronaldo's a pathetic, petulant twat but don't really see what you're getting at Paulie. He's given someone a couple of laughably girlish clips and consequently, been sent off. As such, he will serve a ban - like any other player.

What more do you want? If, simply, for people to go out of their way to lambaste him, then I fear you may be more pitiable than the man in question's actions.

my point is, its not just a red card

if this was any other player peole would be going mental and saying there is no place for it in the game, he should face a lengthy ban

but know one has said that even if they where weak he still attempted to punch a player and there is no place for that in football
  • Options
    Referee Alejandro Hernandez Hernandez did not deem the act to be violent conduct, so Ronaldo is unlikely to serve a three-game ban which would take in the Madrid derby on 7 February.
  • Options

Too late!

if this was any other player peole would be going mental and saying there is no place for it in the game, he should face a lengthy ban

but know one has said that even if they where weak he still attempted to punch a player and there is no place for that in football
    I think your point is clouded because there's an irrational dislike for Ronaldo there - possibly based on a Messi-related love-in. I too think Messi's a better player than Ronaldo, even now, but disagree there would be absolute uproar if someone like, let's say, Hazard, did that. Instead, people would just take the piss out of him for such a child-like reaction. No need for a lengthy ban whatsoever.
  • Options

Too late!

I think your point is clouded because there's an irrational dislike for Ronaldo there - possibly based on a Messi-related love-in. I too think Messi's a better player than Ronaldo, even now, but disagree there would be absolute uproar if someone like, let's say, Hazard, did that. Instead, people would just take the piss out of him for such a child-like reaction. No need for a lengthy ban whatsoever.
    I can tell you now if Messi did that, I would be saying the exact same thing

and I am glad u mentioned Hazard, remember at the Liberty Stadium after that everyone said he should get a long ban
    within 5 minutes of it happening it was all over twitter and other social media how disgraceful it was, people were saying Chelsea should sack him

• Options
    edited January 2015

Too late!

and I am glad u mentioned Hazard, remember at the Liberty Stadium after that everyone said he should get a long ban
    within 5 minutes of it happening it was all over twitter and other social media how disgraceful it was, people were saying Chelsea should sack him

Maybe one or two lunches were, but there's no way the average person was seriously suggesting that Chelsea either would or should sack him. Worse things happen on football pitches nationwide every day. It's also worth noting that Hazard's ban remained at 3 games and wasn't increased - perhaps contradicting your suggestion that most (including, crucially, the FA) believed the offence to be more serious than a more conventional straight red card for violent conduct.

With regards to your first point, I don't believe you for a second.
  • Options

Too late!

Maybe one or two lunches were, but there's no way the average person was seriously suggesting that Chelsea either would or should sack him. Worse things happen on football pitches nationwide every day. It's also worth noting that Hazard's ban remained at 3 games and wasn't increased - perhaps contradicting your suggestion that most (including, crucially, the FA) believed the offence to be more serious than a more conventional straight red card for violent conduct.

the point is its not a first offence for him, he punched godin twice in the super cup earlier this season
  • Options

Too late!

the point is its not a first offence for him, he punched godin twice in the super cup earlier this season
    Actually, "the point", as you put it, keeps changing. The only constant is that you keep slagging off Ronaldo for various misdemeanours. Just waiting for you to bring up the winking incident...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Madrid drawing 1-1 away to Cordoba, you need your big players to step up

what does Ronaldo do, he punches a Cordoba player (the ref never saw it)

2 minutes later he did the same thing and got sent off
    So you attempt a dig at the worlds best player by saying "drawing 1-1 with Cordoba, you need you're big players to step up" I'd be more looking for my big players to step up in El Classico's, CL SF, CL Finals, FA Cup Finals, all which Ronaldo has done, but enjoy you're dig, I'll appriciate watching one of the greatest ever play.
  • Options

Too late!

Actually, "the point", as you put it, keeps changing. The only constant is that you keep slagging off Ronaldo for various misdemeanours. Just waiting for you to bring up the winking incident...
    the point does not keep changing

Ronaldo punched someone during a game twice, which he also did earlier this season

Football is not boxing, there should be no psychical violence and he deserves a lengthy ban because of it
  • Options
    Agree about a ban to be honest; regardless of who it was.

However, those "punches" are pitiful. Either he did them on purpose that way, knowing he'd look like a pathetic little kid throwing his first punch in a playground, or he simply can't punch.

That second bloke made a right meal out of it though.
  • Options
    Handbags, needs to take lessons from pepe.
  • Options
    I'm not sure they even are punches from those videos.

Paulie, we all know you spend the three minutes a day you're not starting threads on here knocking one out over Lionel Messi but setting out on a one man mission to disseminate the character of your long distance unrequited lover's arch nemesis is a bit creepy.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Didn't a Liverpool player (Sterling?) attempt to punch a Swansea player recently in the game Jonjo was sent off in ?

Don't remember a convening of the Haugue to convict him of crimes against humanity after that one so I highly doubt it's a case of Ronaldo flavoured bias by the footballing establishment.

Surely the only official sanction that could have been taken so far is the referees response, who quite rightly sent him off. If the Spanish FA over turn it then you might have a point but starting a thread seconds after it's happened to ask why Ronaldo hasn't been hung drawn and quartered yet seems very agenda driven.

Oh and to say it isn't being discussed on social media is completely made up
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Madrid drawing 1-1 away to Cordoba, you need your big players to step up

2 minutes later he did the same thing and got sent off

Can't any action be taken against players who get grazed on the chin and roll around as if they've been smacked full on on the nose? I'm getting really fed up with it.
  • Options
    Let it go Paulie.
    Did he refuse to sign a programme for you or something?
  • Options
    Spanish FA chickened out and gave him a 2 game ban

Surprise surprise means his first game back is the Madrid derby at the Vicente Calderón
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ffs I thought we signed him
    I open threads and I'm always disappointed
  • Options

Spanish FA chickened out and gave him a 2 game ban

Surprise surprise means his first game back is the Madrid derby at the Vicente Calderón

• Options
    really? and he's got previous. in this day and age I would of said they would give him a 5 match ban and a fine to the club.

however I'm pleased cos I hope then someone could properly give him a slap and only get a 2 match ban as well.
    calling all la liga players in spain give him one from all of us!
  • Options
    At least he smiled about it.

Great look on the ballboy's face.
  • Options
    Ronaldo, good lad. May have been purposely set up.

http://youtu.be/-CYraaKaoIU
  • Options
    Just scored five today in R M's 9-1 defeat of Granada.

Granada are second to bottom but had "only" let in 43 goals in 28 matches prior to today.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    213 goals in 191 games puts him up to eighth place in La Liga all time scorers but is only one with a more goals than games ratio. Messi top with 275 in 305. Got this in the paper in front of me in case anyone thinks I am Statto!
  • Options
    I tuned in at 7-0 (55 minutes in) and Ronaldo must have missed 2-3 sitters by his standards. Should have finished up with 6-7 on his own.