Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone seen Dirty Dancing (stage show) ?

Just got hold of two tickets for tonight......this will earn me brownie points with the missus like you wouldn't believe !!

Comments

• Options
    you poof, you jessie, what are you a man or mouse ?

i'm going in January......
  • Options
    No but my mother & Sister went to see 'Wicked' whatever that is, my sister loved it my mum hated it & said she'd rather of seen Dirty Dancing.
  • Options
    Will be going December/Jan, promised the missus, boo.

All the reviews I have seen have been pretty bad though.
  • Options
    Someone at work went to see it on Saturday, wasn't overly impressed. If you loved the film then you'll love the show but otherwise it's a bit naff was her view.
  • Options
    I went to see it on friday night.

it was great, men in the minority tho! but plenty of men (with their g/fs) walking out saying it was good

some bits were a bit naff, filling in bits, as adapting a film to a musical is difficult due to set changes, and there was more made of the holiday camp bits, but nothing too annoying, and all understandable

they use the original recordings of the major songs which i thought was good, and i liked the way it was true to the film, ie baby and johnny don't actually sing themselves

the lead girl is excellent, and actually from sidcup, and she's superb

what i did find annoying, was that it started at 8.30 so there were lot of boozed up weomen in there, and when johnny takes his top off, there are lots of wolf whistles and cheering from the audience, which was funny the first time, but got very tedius. the crowd also tended to cheer when she said the famous lines "i carried a watermelon" the quote from the love scene and also the "nobody puts baby in the corner". we also had a few hen night groups in there, which probably made it a bit worse and it was a friday night, so perhaps a little more raucous than tonight will probably be.

add that to the rude obnoxious people who decided to try to leave during the encore meaning i missed the entire duration of it, to not even receive an apology when i finally got to sit in my seat and the music finished and the lights came on. i nearly swung for them.

all in all, very enjoyable though.
  • Options
    quality show and a very good night, turned my phone on when I came out and it went into meltdown with the news and the amount of texts I had !!!!!
  • Options
    same here, i got out of the tube at hammersmith and had about 8 texts from people on here telling me!