Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

edited March 2008 in Rumours
http://www.clubfanzine.com/ipswich_town/showNews.php?id=9655

Comments

• Options
    come home Darren - not to them tractor mugs. TO US
  • Options
    He probably thinks he has more chance of an appearance at Wembley with them :-(
  • Options
    Never gonna happen surely? Should Keane or Berbatov get injured they'd be down to picking youth players if they allowed Bent to go on loan
  • Options
    a two bob rumour on a two bob site, after the spuds sold Defoe they are not going to let another striker go out with no cover, as well as who is going to pay his wages, come on. ffs, i cant believe some of these rumours, someone must lay there in bed and make them up at night
  • Options
    Id be gutted if he went there considering the loanee dross we have at the moment
  • Options
    no way gutted why were we not on the case sooner
  • Options
    Spurs have rejected Ipswich's loan approach.
  • Options
    Shouldn't, as a matter of principle, we insist when any sale is made that we get first dibs on future loans?
  • Options
    IWIWLB can see Ipswich looking into a deal, but there's no way I would ever see Spurs agreeing to it. What purpose would it serve them?
  • Options
    Just scored Tottenhams first against Pompey and made the second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he will make it next season
  • Options
    He got man of the match as well, not bad for 12 mins sub appearance! Exactly what he needed.
  • Options
    did he play any part in the l/cup final
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Exactly what we need too, Frank
  • Options
    Looking at our strikers, im not too hopeful!
  • Options
    He certainly made Herman look a mug for the second goal!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]did he play any part in the l/cup final

No, I think he was injured.

Well done to Darren, hopefully this will do him some good, we know he has the talent and that he has proven goal scoring ability at this level he just needs a run in the Spurs side to prove it. I doubt that spurs would have let Defoe go if they had question marks about Bent's ability, especialy with Berbatov changing his mind every other week on where his long-term future lies.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]He certainly made Herman look a mug for the second goal!

didn;'t he just. He absolutely glided past him.
  • Options
    would have loved to here the after match chat between Bent and HH
  • Options
    i hate spuds but was glad for Bent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i hate spuds but was glad for Bent

My feelings exactly Tavern....
  • Options
    I love darren bant and am delighted that hes starting to get it sorted , even if he is a flippin spur..... I cant help but follow players who have done us right...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]i hate spuds but was glad for Bent

Spot on...he certainly made Herman look a bit slow !
  • Options
    Good to see him actually do something, but i really fear for him long term. Spurs will want rid, but will need to claw back as much of their outlay as they can. Can't really see anyone paying real top money for him, his most likely route out would be Curbs, but i can't see Wham trusting him with the funds now.

Can see Darren spending the next twelve months continuing to be a bit part player for Spurs....
  • Options
    I cheered his goal much to Tavern's disgust and kept willing him on each time. Dont know why i suppose just want him to do well and for people to see the real ability he has. Capello wasa there too so am sure he was imprssed with his super sub appearance.
  • Options
    Darren Bent is a breath of fresh air in the sweaty armpit of the Premier league.
    Total professional with exactly the right attitude.

If Capello can see what Spurs can't ............ then Benty has got a great future ahead of him.
  • Options
    I think his only real hope is that Berbatov's agent manages to convince a 'BIG' club (no, not you Spurs) that he's worth £XXm. At the moment Bent has no right to be on the pitch in front of the current pairing for Spuds. Probably 70% of other Premier clubs he'd have a regular game.
  • Options
    I've been told that the spuds are looking to build their team around Bent next year!
    They do highly rate him, but at the moment he doesnt fit well into how they play.

they expect Berbatov to go...

that's from a Spud director.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Good to see him actually do something, but i really fear for him long term. Spurs will want rid, but will need to claw back as much of their outlay as they can. Can't really see anyone paying real top money for him, his most likely route out would be Curbs, but i can't see Wham trusting him with the funds now.

Can see Darren spending the next twelve months continuing to be a bit part player for Spurs....

He needs what a lot of players in his situation need - time and a run in the starting XI, I can't see that Spurs will have let Defoe leave and possibly will let Berbatov go if they aren't convinced that what they have is better - good premiership proven strikers are hard to find - as Chelsea have found with Shevchenko. He's had a lot of injuries but given the chances he'll score goals, and for that he needs to start more games.