Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Call me Statto if you like- I'm just trying to work it all out!

Ok- i'm trying to be positive and push away the ever so growing sense of darkness i feel. So thought i'd analyse the rest of the years fixtures- It will take us to 21 out of 38 matches so assuming 42 points needed to be safe the to be on track we should have at least 23 points. We have 8 points from 12 matches so we need 15 points from the next 9. That's a 63 point season (Gulp!)

Sat Nov 18 Reading Away (Must Win- momentum/ confidence)
Sat Nov 25 Everton Home ( Home game- need at least a point)
Sat Dec 02 Sheffield United Away ( MUST WIN- RELEGATION 6 POINTER!)
Tue Dec 05 Blackburn Rovers Home ( Home game- need at least a point)
Sat Dec 09 Tottenham Hotspur Away ( Expect to lose but could get something)
Sat Dec 16 Liverpool Home ( Anderson or Mhyre-and watching the goal difference )
Wed Dec 20 Wycombe W Home (Carling Cup) ( A cup semi final for the taking!!!)
Sat Dec 23 Middlesbrough Away ( At least a point- realistically needs to be 3)
Wed Dec 27 Fulham Home ( Home game- should be 3 points? )
Sat Dec 30 Aston Villa Home ( Home game- again- should be 3 points- settle for 1)

Personally i feel if we get 11 points that would be a good end to the year.

Someone please tell me we are going to be ok?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2006
    Umm...to be honest, I can't make much sense of that. My own way of thinking is much simpler I hope. Before the Fulham game we were all positive despite being bottom, saying that we'd had tough games with injuries etc. We all agreed on here (I think) that 'the season starts with Fulham.' Four league games later, against relatively poorer opponents and we have 4 points. That's relegation form because if we only pick up a point a game against the teams outside the top six, lose to the other teams then you finish the season with 28 points. Unless we get at least 4 points from Reading and Everton then that's where we're heading. I said before the Fulham game that I'd leave it until the end of November to judge and I'm sticking with that..