Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

THREAD FOR DISCUSSING AWAY FOLLOWINGS (of all clubs)

Comments

• 5000 imps last week ar Ipswich.
  • Never heard of them. Top support considering it’s a friendly.
  • TEL said:

Never heard of them. Top support considering it’s a friendly.

My brother went to watch them a few years ago. Quite a special club, known more for its supporters than the football team. Apparently their stadium was redeveloped in 2013 and 2,000 or so of their fans helped with the work.
  • Among other places, I have been to Roda, Valencia and Ancona with Charlton.

I realise our away following is known for being very poor, but on these away games we took about 200-300 on each trip, which I thought was fantastic by our standards.
  • Sunderland have sold out 2200 for Gillingham
    Midweek. That's cracking support that.
  • Didn’t sell out the top tier - check the sides. ;o)
  • Last Sat:

Top League One away attendances this weekend:

2,209 - Luton Town
    1,800 - Plymouth Argyle
    1,312 - Oxford United
    1,028 - Bristol Rovers
    704 - Rochdale
    678 - Charlton Athletic

Very impressive as usual from Plymouth at Cov.
  • Last Sat:

Top League One away attendances this weekend:

2,209 - Luton Town
    1,800 - Plymouth Argyle
    1,312 - Oxford United
    1,028 - Bristol Rovers
    704 - Rochdale
    678 - Charlton Athletic

Very impressive as usual from Plymouth at Cov.

Plymouth and Portsmouth have an absolutely amazing away following.

Over a course of a season I would say they comfortably average 1500 per game.
  • edited January 2019
    518 Charlton @ Shrewsbury
    667 Wimbledon @ Coventry
    3,562 Bradford @ Barnsley
    584 Doncaster Rovers @ Wycombe
    3,081 Luton @ Sunderland
  • Sponsored links:

• 518 Charlton @ Shrewsbury
    667 Wimbledon @ Coventry
    3,562 Bradford @ Barnsley
    584 Doncaster Rovers @ Wycombe
    3,081 Luton @ Sunderland

The key to winning, obviously...
  • Posted it in the other one! But Luton’s away support is class to be fair to them!
  • Ok
    cafc_se7 said:

Posted it in the other one! But Luton’s away support is class to be fair to them!
    They had been on a winning run, they are/were challenging for the automatics, it was a massive game. I suspect that after we win the next two games and then keep the run going most if not all of our remaining away games will sell out. Most of them are reasonable distances and in a Saturday or Good Friday (Oxford). Posh has already sold out the standard and restricted views. The three that at not at Fleetwood, Donny and Plymouth and I wouldn’t bet against all three getting a decent away following.
  • Run or no run they still had to do it! I would put my neck on the line and say we wouldn’t have done the same given the same situation! The good thing about our support is we don’t necessarily take as many as others but we don’t stop singing! Sunderland last week I thought were really poor!
  • Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

And we are, I believe, a bigger club than Luton.

Fair play to them.
  • Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

Fair play to them.

Luton have always been restricted by that pokey little ground of theirs (just over 10k capacity) which has no room for increasing capacity .
    I reckon if they got a new ground they’d double their current home gates .
    Last few years their away support has been very impressive
  • They took 4k to Sheffield Wednesday last weekend. Luton's away support is leagues above ours.

Although I agree, remember that they haven't been to these grounds for years/ever...
  • edited January 2019

Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

Fair play to them.

Luton have always been restricted by that pokey little ground of theirs (just over 10k capacity) which has no room for increasing capacity .
    I reckon if they got a new ground they’d double their current home gates .
    Last few years their away support has been very impressive
    I have no love of Luton from the old days, BUT they are on the verge of getting their dream. This has been a battle with an unscrupulous rival developer and a local council with all the urgency of a retreating glacier... quite a story and good luck to the twats!

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1914772&page=6
  • Haven’t been to Luton for over 20 years but back then it was a proper shit hole. Friday night in the town centre was proper nasty.

Hope they do get a central redevelopment though, too many clubs move out to the edges of town or well outside town and it’s not right.
  • Sponsored links:

• ChiAddick said:

They took 4k to Sheffield Wednesday last weekend. Luton's away support is leagues above ours.

Although I agree, remember that they haven't been to these grounds for years/ever...
    Just over 12 years since Luton last visited the Stadium of Light and Hillsborough

Fair play to them.

Fgs.......no "operation" anything....never. Not seen us perform at one & usually ends in disaster (operation ewood anyone ??)

Yes, I’m not convinced we’d ever sell Sunderland out at this stage of a season without an ‘operation’.

Fair play to them.

770 charlton fans went to Sunderland for a 12.30 KO that was live on Sky at a time when we couldn’t even put out a full bench, we didn’t know how good taylor is and that Grant was going to do his bit for getting goals and we were not challenging for an automatic spot in the back of a long winning run. I think we’d easily sell out 3k st this time of the season if we were 2nd in the league and just had a winning run like they’d just had
    How many would we bring to Shrewsbury for a trip 100 miles shorter than a trip to Sunderland if we were in the play offs pushing for promotion , would you expect it to be more or less than what Doncaster would bring to Wycombe for a similar distanced fixture if they were say doing not as well as Charlton outside the playoffs

Fair play to them.

770 charlton fans went to Sunderland for a 12.30 KO that was live on Sky at a time when we couldn’t even put out a full bench, we didn’t know how good taylor is and that Grant was going to do his bit for getting goals and we were not challenging for an automatic spot in the back of a long winning run. I think we’d easily sell out 3k st this time of the season if we were 2nd in the league and just had a winning run like they’d just had
    How many would we bring to Shrewsbury for a trip 100 miles shorter than a trip to Sunderland if we were in the play offs pushing for promotion , would you expect it to be more or less than what Doncaster would bring to Wycombe for a similar distanced fixture if they were say doing not as well as Charlton outside the playoffs
    Luton’s game on Saturday was at 3pm and not live on Sky. Getting home afterwards was probably a little easier for them as well.

Fair play to them.

3,000 Charlton to Sunderland? I think not.

We could not even take 1,000 to Carlisle for the title winning game in 2012.

Winning the title at Carlisle is just another routine game for Charlton. And the last game of the season isn’t at 3pm, getting there and getting home afterwards is usually a logistical problem.
    Winning the title is another routine game? I could swear our honours board is about as empty as my wallet come 11pm on a Saturday night.

Fair play to them.

Winning the title at Carlisle is just another routine game for Charlton. And the last game of the season isn’t at 3pm, getting there and getting home afterwards is usually a logistical problem.
    Winning the title is another routine game? I could swear our honours board is about as empty as my wallet come 11pm on a Saturday night.
    From what iv'e read on here, your wallets empty at 11am as well :wink:

Fair play to them.

From what iv'e read on here, your wallets empty at 11am as well :wink:
    A myth.