Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The gym at the Valley is closing down

Toyed on and off with joining - looks like I won't get the chance now.

Comments

• thats about right.
    encourage the kids to swim, keep fit, eat healthily and read, then close fitness centres, pools and libraries, and let every other shop sell fried chicken/kebabs.
  • and give them free travel so they jump on buses to go 2 stops instead of walking...
  • Council tax up only 1.5% cooorrr how much extra the Labour government are giving to the labour run greenwich council compared to lib dem and tory councils. These main parties suck !!!
  • its always being rumoured to be closing so final going i guess. Bit disappointing for the locals but there is also Arches, Woolwich and the new spangly eltham one but this one is more convenient for local residents.
  • If only they would cut the £3.3m they spend on "communications"... Bexley, Bromley & Croydon combined don't spend that much...
  • Labour love their communications !!
  • I'd rather be fat than go to Woolwich or Eltham to visit a gym, frankly. All the feel-good factor of having done a bit of exercise would be ruined the minute you'd set foot outside those places.

I'm not really bothered how much a council spends on "communications" if they're effective and it doesn't take money away from other things, but clearly it isn't effective or the new bin collections wouldn't be turning into the rather smelly fiasco it's becoming, and it is taking money away from things like leisure services.
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Labour love their communications !!

So do the Tories - have a wander around Hammersmith or Shepherd's Bush, the new Tory council's plastered the place in "aren't we great?" ads. They're both at it.

Dragging this into CAFC-related territory, presumably we'd lose a lot of rent from this?
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]I'd rather be fat than go to Woolwich or Eltham to visit a gym, frankly. All the feel-good factor of having done a bit of exercise would be ruined the minute you'd set foot outside those places.

I'm not really bothered how much a council spends on "communications" if they're effective and it doesn't take money away from other things, but clearly it isn't effective or the new bin collections wouldn't be turning into the rather smelly fiasco it's becoming, and it is taking money away from things like leisure services.
    [cite]Posted By: pete_tong1[/cite]Labour love their communications !!

So do the Tories - have a wander around Hammersmith or Shepherd's Bush, the new Tory council's plastered the place in "aren't we great?" ads. They're both at it.

Dragging this into CAFC-related territory, presumably we'd lose a lot of rent from this?

No, as they'd presumably fill the area with something else that would provide income....
  • 'No, as they'd presumably fill the area with something else that would provide income.... '

A lounge for Charlton Life and Valley Gold members only.
  • Sponsored links:

• a lounge for regular away travellers (to keep riff raff like oohaah out) ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

You think that's bad, at least you haven't had the appalling cheesy video inflicted on you.
  • Isn't there going to be another new Gym at the old Greenwich Hospital site
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

Lots of space for a lounge for ex-Supporters' Directors and retiring CEOs
  • Turn it into a Post-match Therapy centre.

They used to be called Pubs in the old days!
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Turn it into a Post-match Therapy centre.

the PMT centre doesn't sound very hospitable.
  • it'd only be open for a few days every month as well pbs.

sorry
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]it'd only be open for a few days every month as well pbs.

sorry

And God help you if you go near it when its closed!