Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blisters - help!

edited March 2008 in Not Sports Related
Have got two big bastard blisters on my heels from a pair of new shoes ripping them to shreds on Monday. One is the size of 50 pence piece and as the skin is long gone it's all red raw and oozing pus. Nice.

I've tried all sorts of plasters, lumps of padded kitchen roll, etc but still no go. If anything they're getting worse. Anyone got any tips as to how to get through the next few days? ("Cut your feet off" is not really helpful!)

Failing that, anyone got Beefy Botham's phone number? He must have a system that works after all of those sponsored walks!

Comments

• You won't like it bud but vinegar and Iodine are the best cure. Prevention lies within methylated spirit soaked feet.
  • have you tried those plaster type things that are like a skin that goes over them. not cheap admittedly but better than normal plasters. Failing that bin the shoes and buy softer ones LOL
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You won't like it bud but vinegar and Iodine are the best cure. Prevention lies within methylated spirit soaked feet.

Ok, cheers - I think I've got a cold one in the fridge. Tell me though, how long after I drink the meths will it be before the blisters start getting better?
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]You won't like it bud but vinegar and Iodine are the best cure. Prevention lies within methylated spirit soaked feet.

Ok, cheers - I think I've got a cold one in the fridge. Tell me though, how long after I drink the meths will it be before the blisters start getting better?

Leave at least half the bottle for your feet. I am talking 2 litre bottle though.

Failing that drink the spirit then slap on Iodine like its going out of fashion
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]have you tried those plaster type things that are like a skin that goes over them. not cheap admittedly but better than normal plasters. Failing that bin the shoes and buy softer ones LOL

Mate, I nearly binned the shoes after I got into work on Monday! Haven't worn them since, but now even my "old" previously comfortable shoes are going to work on the bastard things!
  • Try those skin plasters they are goo. they basically are like putting a new skin over the top and do work. nothng worse than bloody shoe blisters absolute nightmare
  • This tip is no good for raw blisters but works a treat on new ones. It sounds bizarre but bear with me, it works. Take a needle and thread, pierce the skin with with the needle and let it pass through the other side with the thread attached. Leave a piece of thread about half an inch long passing through the blister but dangling out on each side. This works by wicking away the water from the blister. Next week - do it yourself open heart surgery.
  • [cite]Posted By: Harvey Gardens[/cite]This tip is no good for raw blisters but works a treat on new ones. It sounds bizarre but bear with me, it works. Take a needle and thread, pierce the skin with with the needle and let it pass through the other side with the thread attached. Leave a piece of thread about half an inch long passing through the blister but dangling out on each side. This works by wicking away the water from the blister. Next week - do it yourself open heart surgery.

Sounds like the DIY guide to picking up an infection mate!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    Sounds like the DIY guide to picking up an infection mate!!

I thought that was going on the pull in Blackpool???
  • Was it ever, I finish the course of medication tomorrow.

Stu, however is still to get the greenpeace campaigners off his back
  • Sponsored links:

• Them silver plasters do the job for me...
  • edited March 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

Persistant bastards that lot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

Persistant bastards that lot.

What do you expect, when you harpoon one of their finest species?
  • piss in a jar then pour it into blisters.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]piss in a jar then pour it into blisters.

Don't tell me - it doesn't work but would give you a good laugh???
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]piss in a jar then pour it into blisters.

Thats for acidic bites/stings

It would though, give us all a good laugh
  • when i bruised my hands in sparring ,the trainer always said to piss on my hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]when i bruised my hands in sparring ,the trainer always said to piss on my hands.
    That was just one of his fetishes....
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]when i bruised my hands in sparring ,the trainer always said to piss on my hands.

He was mugging you off nolly!
  • it works.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]it works.

It works in your mind maybe - but the reality is that you too worried about the stench of piss on your mitts to be too concerned about a bit of bruising.

I bet if you cracked a rib the fella used to tell you to cut off a toe. Always works you know!
    ;o)
  • Urine Nolly would do nothing for bruising or swelling!

If you left them soaking in a tub of piss then that may permeate through in some way but I wouldn't fancy it.

Just use that lime solution stuff that sticks to your hands and makes them go all pale