Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carson Staying.....

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Liverpool FC News

Rafa Benitez has heaped praise on Polish goalie Jerzy Dudek after his impressive display in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.
The Liverpool boss says he has no intention of selling the stopper in January - and insists in-form Scott Carson will stay at Charlton for the remainder of the season.

Comments

• Fingers crossed.

He's been excellent.
  • thats good news but trouble is any budget we have in the summer will have to be spent on a keeper as cannot see the other two hanging around too long. put yourself in thier shoes you would be a bit p'd that someone who is not even a Charlton player is playing instead of you. ideal answer but probably not possible would be to sign Carson.
  • I think that Andersen has been particularly hard done by.

I agree with Al the Addick, if there's no chance of singing Carson on a permanent deal, maybe we should give Andersen another go or we run the risk that come the end of the season we will be looking for 3 new keepers.
  • But andersen is rubbish.
  • Andersen is a good keeper and at 24, desparately needs to play games. he just lacks experience and has spent too long festering in the reserves.

Fantastic shot stopper, sometimes positioning a bit suspect but if he had to play tomorrow, he wouldn't let you down.

Main weakness is he doesn't seem to command his box like Carson & Myhre.

He should have been sent out on a long term loan at a Championship side as soon as he arrived - although was supposed to be loaned to Leeds this season.

Given games, he could yet be a first class keeper.
  • that's great news about Carson, takes a lot of doubt from our side out of the equation.

here is the article

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N154035061110-1009.htm
  • I wouldn't give up on Andersen just yet - as Oggy says above, send him on an extended loan and then see, if not I can't blame him for wanting to move.