Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eels

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Big fan of their first album (can't remember what it was called now, the one with Novocaine for the Soul, Susan's House, Beautiful Freak etc). Is it worth getting the "best of" album? Is the rest of their stuff as good/better than the old stuff?

Comments

• Options
    Their first album is not the best at all IMO. I think their more recent stuff is much better. In fact I liked them a little after their first album and then forgot about them. Saw them at Reading in 1999 when they released 'Souljacker.' Then I realised that they really had got better. Then when I bought 'Blinking Lights' they become one of my favourite bands. Followed that up with Shootenanny and loved that too.

Personally I wouldn't get any 'Best Of' Album. I hate the whole concept. My advice is simply to buy 'Blinking Lights.' It's a double album full of sublimely beautiful tracks - pure genius. If you want something that really rocks, get 'Souljacker.'
  • Options
    i was expecting a post about Jellied Eels lol -- love em
  • Options
    I Like Birds
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]i was expecting a post about Jellied Eels lol -- love em[/quote]

Thats wot i thought
  • Options
    Get Daisies of the Galaxy - probably their best - although the best of is a good intro too.
    Saw them (well him) on Monday at the Festival Hall - great stuff.