Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting dressed for the match

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
For me i loved the early 80s!Wearing your lacoste,armani fila and best trainers trim tram ,stan smiths and following Charlton all over the country!great days!mind you i still do.Its amazing that this fashion is still going and was really started by the scousers in the late 70s,i know this dont appeal to everybody but what was your best designer clobber for football and who do you think were the best dressed fans in the past.

Comments

• Options
    i've always loved Lacoste. Don't know why but has always been my favourite label. I stock up on Ralph Lauren when in US as its half the price, but otherwise Burberry, Aquascutum, Paul Smith, Stone Island etc do nothing for me to be honest.

Quite like some Henri Lloyd gear...

And it was only started by the scousers because they were thieving on their European games !
  • Options
    bought a pair of Stan Smiths the other day !
  • Options
    Got pair of Stan Smiths on now! Got plenty of Forest Hills indoors too. Adidas FH = best trainers bar none.
  • Options
    forest hills = pills?
  • Options
    Ad

Are you still working in Manchester?

If so - must meet up.

I am working in the North East until Xmas (still return home for weekends) but if you saw in another posting, I will be in the South East next year.
  • Options
    Nah mate, forest hills = Forest hills!

Forest hills dood!
  • Options
    PP: - i have an office there.. deansgate.. (Hewitt St to be precise)
    So have to make an appearance now & then for a couple of days..
    Will let you know when up next & we'll hit the town!

Ollie.. T'was a joke mate.. think i just have bad things on the brain too much!
    trainers look nice actually..
  • Options
    Sorry carling, i am in such a mood today i didnt see the intended joke.

I wanna go ome!
  • Options
    Yep i have pair of forest hills as well blue suede ones,yes the scousers started the trend and was due to robbing abroad!
  • Options
    Forest hills rock man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forest hills are back ello
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Sorry carling, i am in such a mood today i didnt see the intended joke.

I wanna go ome!

O, get home & roll a fattie mate... that'll sort ya out
  • Options
    I remember once standing at the fence behind the old weststand near the old clock early 80s and Brighton fans were the otherside good hundred or so dressers i looked behind and the old charlton lads were wearing all the latest designer gear hundreds of us!thousands of pounds of clothes on both sides that day!Also when we played pompey that same year could have been a advert for fashion
  • Options
    you are kidding right? what has happened then when i look round the north stand these days... nothing but matalan or Mr Buy Right on display.
  • Options
    I know very sad mind you hate the stone island thing but each to their own
  • Options
    original wine coloured gazelles with heel tag, lyle and scot jumpers, perry polos, lacoste originals, barracuta harringtons, love em all.

been caning the paul smith recently, even got a scarf off work for me 30th.

got involved in the stone island thing about 6 years ago but i'll leave that to the spotty youth now.

the british classics are the best imo.
  • Options
    I have got into the habit of wearing a CAFC Football Cap. Normally wear one of my Dad's CAFC's cast offs, he gets shed loads of new CAFC coats rugby shirts etc, then when we get a new sponsor or at the start of a new season he gets everything all over again & passes me down the one year out of date stuff. No -one else where footie stuff no more ?

As for wearing designer gear to football, balls to that, my Gucci Shoes will never see the inside of the Valley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite] barracuta harringtons, love em all.

especially with paint on the arm :-)
  • Options
    that's come off now..... well most of it.
  • Options
    i hope u got your missus trained enough to get it cleaned for ya D!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thats what dry cleaners are for!
  • Options
    i even had to pick it up meself, mate!
  • Options
    There use to be a shop in soho called nic nacs,sold every type of designer gear in the early 80s!every month when i got paid a good 50% of my wages would get spent in there,i remember getting chased for my life by about 10 westham chaps for my clobber i had just bought! thank god i had my forest hills on that day!I swear it was the quickest sprint around London ever!No way was them horrible little what evers getting my clobber to flaunt on their terraces.ps we beat Newcastle on that Saturday and i got a black eye!such is life that heals
  • Options
    as long as the garms were unhurt, fella.
  • Options
    Thats all that counted les_says!a win and a black eye i can deal with!Now 50% of my months salary being robbed by westham no way
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]i even had to pick it up meself, mate!

women these days are no good for nothing!
    bring back the old days when they knew where the kitchen was & had a nice dinner on the table as ya walked thru the door after a hard days graft!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]ps we beat Newcastle on that Saturday and i got a black eye!such is life that heals

no doubt you deserved it.
  • Options
    Curb_it i was helping a young Charlton lad that was getting a pasting by geordies for wearing charlton colours!fact!no one else helped him on the low road
  • Options
    alright. calm down.
  • Options
    as a younger fan i'll give my perspective. Really like the casual gear favourite labels: ralph lauren, paul and shark, hackett, fred perry, paul smith, 6876.
    Getting more into older gear eg Trim Trabb, forest hills, harrington jackets etc. Would love to have been around in the casual era.
    Got a couple of Stone island bits but taken the badge off, gone the same way as Burberry really.