Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Other Football Today

I really do not want to get involved in all the mud slinging against Pards and the players. My word I am surprised at some on here today. It's not that long ago we were shit. Remember that. Too many have short memories and some should know better if they really have supported CAFC for as long as they claim.
Anyway, glad to see that Wenger has retracted his comments he made after the game at lunch time. He was over the top.
How good were Man U? Bloody awesome.
I love Keegan but can he really last much longer? Big mistake by him and Ashley IMO, but I did think it was a good move at the time. Like Wenger, I'd like to retract!
West Ham have 40 points by the end of Feb. Their manager is well known for achieving this. I will be watching their run in very closey to see if he can bring in the "May in Dubai" mentality he managed so well at his previous club.
WBA are on a massive wobble. I can see them falling away completely. Palace too.
QPR had a bad result for them as did Watford.
I predict Stoke get one of the top 2 spots but still think Bristol C will fall away.
We can still get automatic!

Comments

• Agree with your first couple of lines there Dave.
  • Dave about us gettin automatic have u had as much as me to drink 2nite?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Dave about us gettin automatic have u had as much as me to drink 2nite?

Not yet, but working on it!
    Lol, just wanted to finish on a +ive note.
  • i been drinkin alnite and still cant find a +
  • edited February 2008
    My word I am surprised at some on here today. It's not that long ago we were shit. Remember that. Too many have short memories and some should know better if they really have supported CAFC for as long as they claim.

Not to long ago meaning 3pm this afternoon onwards you mean?

If I wanted to see something that only happens in a blue moon id spend my time watching an eclipse .

We spent years on years getting to the top, lasted 7 years and are now playing like a side that will take another 7 years to get back there.

Why is it that we all have to be grateful for the premiership years all the time? Never mind the memories we either have ambition to go back there or we don't.

The fans played their part in us going to the promised land don't forget that either and we have gone from that to them walking out in their hundreds at Blackpool today when was the last time if ever that happened?

We have fallen from a great height, no club should go from finishing 7th in the premiership to an average (at the moment) championship side a few years later.

Now don't mention to me Leeds, Forest and the Bradfords of this world they went stupid and paid big wages and spent ridiculous amounts on transfer fees, something we have not done so what is to blame for our demise, Murray, Dowie, Reed and Pardew? of course it is, bad decision after bad decision that will take the next 2/3 years to rectify by which time the youngsters will have come through the ranks attracting the scouts to the Valley in order for Murray to start rubbing his hands again as we sell our next batch of good players, only for history to repeat itself all over gain by replacing them with has beens and never will be's
  • Well said DJDD.
  • The only good thing about yesterday defeat was that it wasn't against one of our promotion rivals. We are still in the race, but only just.
  • Yes we were for all my youth but we have improved and I for one dont want to go back to those days, when we had to score 4 to get a draw
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc_in_perth[/cite]Yes we were for all my youth but we have improved and I for one dont want to go back to those days, when we had to score 4 to get a draw

Improved? At least if we got four and got a draw. If we got four yesterday we would have still lost.