Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I just had to terminate an employees contract.

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
First time I have had to do it...

Didn't enjoy it....

Now have to ask him to work his nuts off for the next 6 weeks, pass on all his knowledge to me and a colleague and document everything.

I hate my job sometimes

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Now have to ask him to work his nuts off for the next 6 weeks, pass on all his knowledge to me and a colleague and document everything.
    Why would he do that then?!
  • Bet your popular LOL
  • He's a contractor and gets paid daily rate so it comes with the territory.

If he wants a decent reference he will need to but I am not concerned with that - he's a top bloke (which made it harder)
  • i just had to get rid of someone as well not pleasant.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He's a contractor and gets paid daily rate so it comes with the territory.

If he wants a decent reference he will need to but I am not concerned with that - he's a top bloke (which made it harder)

If he's a contractor then that's part of the job.

Don't worry about it. Sacking people is difficult for the first 15 years. After that it is easy. : - )
  • It never becomes easy. If it does then shame on you. If the guy is a contractor he should know it comes with the "job". wait till you have to do a department or a whole building !! and youk now months in advance and you have to listen to people talking and planning holidays knowing that this holiday will be alot longer.

The threats i can deal with. the crying never will do (not always me !).
  • imagine how Iain Dowie felt.

All together now, ahhhh
  • Two Mondays ago, our Directors were due to meet the remuneration committee to tell us what our pay and benefits for the coming year were going to be.

I went in first, was handed a letter and was told my position was being made redundant! A bit of a bolt out of the blue I can tell you. I gave no reaction, took my paperwork and walked out.

Been on 'gardening' leave for the past two weeks which has been pleasant. Only been there for three and a half years, but hoping to get my three months notice paid up.

First interview already lined up for next week.
  • It happened to me in 06. The Chairman had a tear in his eye when he told me, probably something to do with my biro sticking in it!!
  • I have had to do it a few times. It never got easier and nor should it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Part and parcel of being a manager, there is an alternative, how do u feel when u take on a spotty little kid, and ten years later he has his own mortgage, family etc, i will chop and change all day, because if u dont your boss might just do it to u , and dont get emotinally attached