Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bryan Robson

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you...

(mainly that it didn't happen well before now mind you)
  • Options
    Not surprised he's gone in the slightest but they just got a great draw at West brom and have a 5th round cup game at the weekend.
  • Options
    they need a manager like that warnock bloke at crystal palace...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]they need a manager like that warnock bloke at crystal palace...

..aint gonna happen, they didn't part on the best of terms.

Dowie might like it though, its further up north than Charlton.
  • Options
    Dowie linked again with Leicester.Mr Mandaric not happy with his longest serving manager this season then.
  • Options
    lol, I wonder if Holloway would be welcomed back at Plymouth.
  • Options
    bollocks, just as we're going to play them in a couple of weeks they'll be on the new manager run syndrome... happens every time to us!
  • Options
    Billy Davis, Big Sam or Steve McClown
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]lol, I wonder if Holloway would be welcomed back at Plymouth.
    ...could end up at Southampton.
  • Options
    Glad he got the chop, hope Kydd went as well and the physio...bastards wouldnt sit down at the home game...think its the nearest Ive got to being thrown out of the Valley since I was a teenager....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Couldn't give a toss what know nothing people think about this bloke. Ok he may not be the best manager in the world but if you actually saw the fella play FOOTBALL you would have nothing but admiration for him.
    A total hero in my book.
    It's a shame he cannot let go. He should be in the most comfortable of retirements.
    If he was playing today and the likes of Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand etc are on £100k+ per week..well what would he be worth? £500k per week IMO.
    And it's Bryan BTW.
    I love you Robbo.
  • Options
    How much woudl KK be on the DJDD?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How much woudl KK be on the DJDD?

£600k on todays stupid levels. Brooking on £400 and Hoddle on £350.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]How much woudl KK be on the DJDD?[/quote]

£600k on todays stupid levels. Brooking on £400 and Hoddle on £350.[/quote]

and Best?
  • Options
    ssn stating that reports from the media in sheff are not correct and that mr robson is still in full charge
  • Options
    DJDD - the man is an absolute unadulterated LEGEND EN D OF
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Couldn't give a toss what know nothing people think about this bloke. Ok he may not be the best manager in the world but if you actually saw the fella play FOOTBALL you would have nothing but admiration for him.
    A total hero in my book.
    It's a shame he cannot let go. He should be in the most comfortable of retirements.
    If he was playing today and the likes of Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand etc are on £100k+ per week..well what would he be worth? £500k per week IMO.
    And it's Bryan BTW.
    I love you Robbo.[/quote]

Agreed, what a great "English" player Robson was, a much better all-round player than Gerrard or Lampard but he joins that lengthy list of great players who were poor managers....Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton, Peter Shilton, Terry Butcher......
  • Options
    ... Les Reed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... Les Reed
    That is not even funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]... Les Reed
    That is not even funny.

I thought it was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree with DJDD, what a legend he was as a player, but what a miserable f*ck-pig he is as a manager. I can't bear listening to his boring Geordie drawl. I think that too much Newci Brown has rotted his brain.
  • Options
    Having met him and having watched him play for England the Geezer is a quality player & top bloke. Cannot understand why top players seldom make good Managers.
  • Options
    Great player, shit manager, funny stories about him shagging Claire Thomlinson from Sky Sports though
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Having met him and having watched him play for England the Geezer is a quality player & top bloke. Cannot understand why top players seldom make good Managers.
    I think its probably because they can't understand why nobody else can play at their level. Although Keane looks like he may make a reasonable manager I can't remember many great players who have made it as great managers.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Great player, shit manager, funny stories about him shagging Claire Thomlinson from Sky Sports though
    Nowt wrong with that Rothko - I would as well given the chance!
  • Options
    Lennie Lawrence was dumped PDQ by Boro because he wasn't a name manager but was twice, or three times as good.

That's not Robson's fault but too often name players get roles before they are ready and fall falt on their faces. John Barnes is a classic example. Imagine your first job being manager of the best club in Scotland. Just silly.

Robson has been a poor manager for years and still gets jobs for no reason other than his name. It can't be his track record.
  • Options
    I met her in the Valley pub a couple of years ago, and the make up staff do a wonderful job, but...

The funny thing was, that her and Robbo were caught on the wallop by Mrs Robson in a hotel, Robbo was on crutches and when caught by the Missus, Claire was chased out of the hotel by the angry wife who was jabbing the crutch and swinging it at poor Claire in the reception!
  • Options
    Agreed Henry. Thats why I think Paul Ince is doing the right thing and keeping a low profile in the smaller leagues, as well as Nigel Clough ar Burton (?).

Both seem like decent managers who are willing to put the graft in learning their trade. I'm sure both of those who i have mentioned have had offers from CCC clubs upwards but have turned them down for one reason or another.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Agreed Henry. Thats why I think Paul Ince is doing the right thing and keeping a low profile in the smaller leagues, as well as Nigel Clough ar Burton (?).

Both seem like decent managers who are willing to put the graft in learning their trade. I'm sure both of those who i have mentioned have had offers from CCC clubs upwards but have turned them down for one reason or another.

Cloughie seems content at Burton, has been there for years. Ince has ambitions of Prem. but could not get a team, so had to start at struggling Macclesfield, saved them and then picked up by Franchise Dons, who he has taken to top of Div 4. Now I am working in Milton Keynes may go and watch them play Swansea in a couple of weeks n the Johnstone Paint Trophy Semi Final
  • Options
    just been announced he is to become the thailand national coach