Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The lemons

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
The little scroat who had a row with Dowie, had a go, cause in his little Stone Island mind that Dowie is a wanker, cause he's ex Palace, and shall ever be regardless of managing this football club.

I did wonder if this some spotty oik celebrated Hermans penalty (ex Palace), sung Chris Powell name (ex palace), enjoyed a Paul Mortimer step over (ex Palace) or celebrated a David Whyte goal (ex Palace)

Oh and he thought he was a little hero as well, mug.

Comments

• Options
    Clearly the bloke in question is a loyal fan, making the trip the arse end of nowhere on a cold tuesday night, so why make a total mug of yourself by slagging off the manager that has just made club history by getting us into the last 16 of the league cup for the first time ever!

Some people........
  • Options
    I wore a Stone Island coat to work this morning.....am I a lemon?...;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]I wore a Stone Island coat to work this morning.....am I a lemon?...;-)

In your case, you don't need the coat.....

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oracle[/cite]I wore a Stone Island coat to work this morning.....am I a lemon?...;-)

Depends, if it was worn with a fake burberry baseball cap.....
    :o)
  • Options
    Every club has these idiots though. I'm sure Wenger and Ferguson probably get it as well.

I was sceptical about Dowie at first mainly because i knew what pressure he would be under if he buggered everything up (because of the Palace link) but his enthusiasm, commitment and desire to do well has really stood out for me.

All real football fans know that the situation at the start of the season was dire and most were man enough to admit that the players at the club may not have been "Top 8" players and were set it for a long season. This does not however dampen the spirits and support of most and i really think that has shone through this season.

We are now 5 games unbeaten and in the last 8 of a cup competition, yes we're bottom of the league but two wins (which is very achievable) will see us up in mid-table once again.

This "lemon" should just grow up and support the club, which Dowie is an integral part of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The little scroat who had a row with Dowie, had a go, cause in his little Stone Island mind that Dowie is a wanker, cause he's ex Palace, and shall ever be regardless of managing this football club.

I did wonder if this some spotty oik celebrated Hermans penalty (ex Palace), sung Chris Powell name (ex palace), enjoyed a Paul Mortimer step over (ex Palace) or celebrated a David Whyte goal (ex Palace)

Oh and he thought he was a little hero as well, mug.

we have some right divs who support our team. one goal down after a few minutes then its "dowie out" the anti palace brigade in front. hows that supposed to help the team. they wind me right up. had to move cos i felt like pushing a few of them over that bar, kicking them over the bar.
  • Options
    they all thought it hilarious to have a competition to see who could be arrested first when they surged forward.

bunch of idiots. they're entitled to their opinon, but we'd just won, dowie had just thrown his coat out to the crowd, we were all singing his name, the team battled away and got a result, not in a particularly amazing way, but I really enjoyed it, and i think others did.

if we'd have lost, i'd not have moaned so much because its ok to be frustrated and have a little moan, its expected, but dowie after being on a high, must have walked away wondering why he bothered! it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    Fill me in...what happened?...
  • Options
    dowie came over at the end, as did some of the team to clap us, and diawara threw his shirt into the crowd, and dowie did the same with his jacket, then someone obviously shouted "dowie out" or something similar which caught his attention, dowie then cupped his ear as if to say "you what?" and the numpty obviously repeated this, and then dowie signalled that he'd meet him outside round the back later, and then he walked off. a few people patted the numpty on the back but the majority of people thought he was out of order.
  • Options
    well he's going to look the fool when we are mid table and in a cup final ain't he? wonder how many will be patting him on the back then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    did dowie say "outside"? absolutely fantastic.

those dowie out scroats - god i'm not a violent person but they just wind me up. i reckon i could have taken em all on... - it was only cos i was held back :-)
  • Options
    Yeah....... Just what dowie needs.......

Did everyone sing him a song first ..... was he absolutely clear the majority are behind him????
  • Options
    What a numpty...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Yeah....... Just what dowie needs.......

Did everyone sing him a song first ..... was he absolutely clear the majority are behind him????

i'd say it was about maximum 10 people that were possibly having a dig, compared to the rest of us clapping him and the team. even those who don't think that much of him, must have appreciated the win for us, and therefore kept their mouths shut.

as he walked off there were people trying to sing iain dowies red and white army, but people were leaving by then, i think he got a round of applause from those in the seated area tho as he walked down towards the tunnel.
  • Options
    it was actually the fact that the idiot started giving Dowie the finger and telling him to f**k off that got Dowie so upset .

Complete idiots , some people are never happy .
  • Options
    was it the same group of clowns that were at fulham, next to the neutral fans?

i wish these nobs would just f off to the toolbox
  • Options
    If I am thinking about the group your on about then no it was not.
  • Options
    PH, this is only in reference to your name, so no offence intended.

What are your views on Dowie?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]If I am thinking about the group your on about then no it was not.

i was at both games, and near both groups in question, and i can say that some of those were definately the same people. not all, and not saying that all of them were calling for dowie or causing trouble or behaving like numpties, some were singing his name throughout but there were definately a few of them that were in both places in question
  • Options
    I missed all this.

Who are they, young or old? Not the chavs that were down the front to the right of the goal?

I heard the Alan C's red and white army after about 10 mins. Very very sad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they were to the left of the goal if you were looking at the pitch. you were further right than us so prob would have missed it. mixture of young and old. young'uns you don't mind being idiots, but the older ones think its funny to behave like 13 year olds, and then its not so funny.

when there was banter when chesterfield scored and they ran from their seats on the right to celebrate, a few of the charlton decided to run along the front and look hard and aggressive for some reason. not sure of the point. i know it was frustrating, but there was no need for it. banter going back and forth is fine, but half attempts to charge them are ridiculous.

they think they're so great for either getting arrested, wearing as much hooligan 'outfits' as possible and being as obstreperous as they can.

sad thing is, if they weren't there, we'd have about 20 less away fans at every game and definately a lot less noise.
  • Options
    What plonker travels all that way at that expense, maybe taking time off work, watches Charlton deal reasonably compentently with a side that has beaten Wolves, Man City and West Ham in the three previous rounds and then slags off Dowie...

Obviously I wasn't at the game but these kind of matches are never easy - on paper yes, but not in real life, if this fan thought we'd walk off with an easy win then he needs to understand how cup football works.

The mug needs to grow up, I expect those patting him on his back were his mates not independent fans.

Well done to the team for navigating a tough match.
  • Options
    cracking night out with a game that had everything.
    No it wern't the ones at Fulham. It's a shame the media have latched on to the fact that a few people gave dowie stick. A couple of papers have mentoned it making out to people that it was all of us.
    A few that were singing alanc's red and white army were some of the ones telling Curb's to go in the first place. No pleasing some people.
  • Options
    i was there in the seats near the tunnel. didn't see or hear this rubbish, but we don't need them at our games. dowie is doing alright now in my book. lets focus on 'results' for the time being. we are five games unbeaten after a start that could have seen us adrift at the bottom and out of the cup already. we are neither at the moment, so lets sing the praises when its due. curbishley is gone, he left remember out of choice. dowie is now the manager and like it or not he is here to stay for a while because unlike some so called big clubs in our league, charlton in their wisdom stick with their managers through thick and thin. its worked for a long time and i hope that dowie goes on to be more successful than curbs. it will make these so called 'numpties' look all the more stupid. hopefully they can wing their way down to selhurst if thats how they want to behave. well done to ian and the lads.
  • Options
    Oi Mortimer was Charlton 1st before he was Palace so that don't count. Immediate apologiy for doubting the Magic Man LMFAO.

Dickheads though totally agree.
  • Options
    I would suspect that the attention they are getting, is probably what they wanted to achieve in the first place....
  • Options
    doubt it afka, with the one brain cell between them, i doubt they could turn on a pc, let alone find a charlton site, log on and realise people are talking about it.
  • Options
    i didn't mean this, i meant in a stand out from the crowd way, take the opposing 'shock factor' view etc.

if you standout reason for not liking Dowie is because a bloke from luton who was working in oldham, took a progressive job at crystal palace, then you can't be the full ticket, in my book.

football people do not see rivalries between clubs, and have no loyalties in that regard. Football clubs are employers, and that is largely it.
  • Options
    WSS -

Thought basically Dowie was given the job as there was no one else about. I am sceptical to say the least. I find it remarkable the amount of stick we gave him yet how quickly he has been accepted. Various chants on the last day of the season 05 such as "Iain Dowies illegitimate" etc.

My View - He was always going to have to do more than anyone else to win everyone over. So far he has spent a lot of money and not really got us much back. He has been unlucky, we should have got something from Chelsea away and Arsenal at home but so far I do not think he has done much to win people like myself over.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2006
    win people like myself over

That made me chuckle, what are you first:

A Charlton Fan or a Palace Hater?

I'm not trying to get into an argument here but i just think that most fans would agree that we would be in a similar position regardless of who was in charge. The squad was just not good enough the second half of last season onwards.

Yes, a lot of money has been spent but they now look like they are starting to gel. 5 games unbeaten.