Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Di Canio

Management ambition but not with us

canio

Comments

• Options
    Bastard...never did like him ;-)
  • Options
    No mention of young Kevin Lisbie - according to Di Canio, the most talented player at Charlton .........
  • Options
    Why on earth would he want to come to us?

1/ We're not in the Prem
    2/ We've got a manger
    3/ Why would he have any "loyalty" to us - more than, say, Sheff Wed?

Having said all that, how funny would he press conferences be?!
  • Options
    Disappointed with that. They discussed Manchester United more than us 

Apparently it was either us or Derby after West Ham turned down his offer to stay for a massive reduction in wages. 

This is different to the story that Curbs tells in his autobiography. There he describes how Paolo was impressed by the passion of the Back to the Valley video, so much so that he asked to keep the tape. 
  • Options
    That quote about coming to charlton for the ‘passion’ was repeated so often. Mainly by me, @Curb_It and other members of the Saturday morning vodka club with terrible Italian accents. 
  • Options
    One of my favourite players of all time. Just oozed class. Didn't score many goals but his skill, assists and passion were great to watch. 

IF he had stayed for that second season, i wonder what would have happened.  
  • Options
    Loved him at  Charlton
  • Options
    I may have remembered this wrongly, but wasn't the only goal he technically scored in open play for us was when he followed up from his spilled penalty at Man City?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    hawksmoor said:
    I may have remembered this wrongly, but wasn't the only goal he technically scored in open play for us was when he followed up from his spilled penalty at Man City?
    League goal yes, he scored a header against Luton in the cup. 
  • Options
    that game against Portsmouth at fratton park is up there with the best turnaround created from one individual player to the game for us that i have ever seen. 
  • Options
    that game against Portsmouth at fratton park is up there with the best turnaround created from one individual player to the game for us that i have ever seen. 
    Was at that one. Great atmosphere. 
  • Options
    Second only to muzzy Izzet for assists that season