Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why is it we are last at doing everything....

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
last at putting flodlights in, last to get a big screen(and its not really big is it).... Even Stoke has those new advertising things around the side of the pitch the electronic screen things......

Comments

• I HATE THOSE FCKING THINGS...they're a pain in the arse when you're trying to watch a game on tv (luckily sunlight and floodlights mean they're virtually unreadible when you're actually at the game)...with any luck an overpaid footballer will do a sliding tackle into one and get electrocuted, thereby prompting a massive lawsuit that will remove the blight they have created...beats me why sky and the other tv companies put up with them...
  • I am not a fan of them, but if they could be controlled via text message i could be converted. Fans text in and provided their message is not too offensive they get a few seconds of time on one of the boards.

You could parody the fulham ones:

Boa Morte - Next over paid prima-donna to dive 2/1
  • [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]with any luck an overpaid footballer will do a sliding tackle into one and get electrocuted, ..

LOL, brilliant !
  • edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]last at putting flodlights in, last to get a big screen(and its not really big is it).... Even Stoke has those new advertising things around the side of the pitch the electronic screen things......

We weren't exactly last now were we. In the prem the lots teams lack a big screen including Man Utd and Liverpool.
  • what gets me about our big screen is that we don't show the match while it's going on as others do , it obviously has the ability to do that as it showed the players on the pitch as the game finished
  • That and the fact that it seems permanently f**ked - with big black splodges all over it.

I hope they kept the receipt - Currys are notoriously difficult with refunds/exchanges if you haven't got it!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]what gets me about our big screen is that we don't show the match while it's going on as others do , it obviously has the ability to do that as it showed the players on the pitch as the game finished

I disagree, i think that would have a really limited impact on the little bit of atmosphere that still remains. One of the only times the fans really get being the team for example, is when we get a corner. If the ten seconds following a corner being awarded is the crowd watching a shot being deflected, that would take all the noise away.
  • AFKA - you seem to assume that human beings cannot shout and watch at the same time. Which in the case of most of our support, would be a fair assumption.
  • Those electronic ad boards are a pain in the arse - and I'm sure Man Utd only put theirs in a year ago and they were the first.

Remember the Fulham game when they kept flashing up next scorer odds?

It's also just a bit crap that we don't use our big screen for cup games.
  • Ok.....

Obviously not the most popular call...... I just think its the way things are going and I think it would be nice to be ahead of the game for once and look like the premiership team that we are............
  • Sponsored links:

• But they don't make you look like a Premiership team. They make you look like the kind of pony club that'd do anything for a few quid.
  • alright.... alright....

you win im wrong......

hahaha....

Ill get my coat....