Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Superbowl - go team!

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone sitting up to watch this tonight?

If so, GET A BLEEDIN LIFE!!!

Comments

• 99.9% of people watch it for the commercials

it's a steamin' pile of shite
  • You haven't got a ****ing Danny what you're on about. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but neither is golf, cricket, rugby or even football. Until you understand the game properly then shut up and mind your own business.
  • our local team the Patriots lost after going unbeaten all season...sickener.....
  • Each to their own but I'd rather watch Palace under 7's then Yank Football. I hate the way they call themselves world champions at a game only they play and care about.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You haven't got a ****ing Danny what you're on about. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but neither is golf, cricket, rugby or even football. Until you understand the game properly then shut up and mind your own business.

Fair enough Leroy - I'm not much of a fan as you can tell.
  • Cant stand the game
  • haha go Leroy!
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You haven't got a ****ing Danny what you're on about. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but neither is golf, cricket, rugby or even football. Until you understand the game properly then shut up and mind your own business.

Oh I understand it well enough, but I still think it's crap. The game itself wouldn't be too bad on it's own, but the commercial break situation is a joke!

Anyway Leroy, as long as you enjoyed yourself mate.
    ;o)
  • It's the most technical game in the world. Got in to it since I been back at uni and don't have to worry about getting up in the morning. Quality game last night as well. Go giants.
  • Right, for the first time i thought ok i will sit down and give wierd shite a good go! So i watched the first half of the super bowl! I sort of got it, but not wholly. I actually quite enjoyed it, not quite sure about all the chopping back to the pundits and presenter! But on the whole it was ok!

Strange game tho, thats for sure! My Grandad (mums dad) was an american and he supported the chicago bears.
  • Sponsored links:

• Far too stop/start for my liking...no flow to the game.
  • on the way to scunny I told rothko that lumping on Defoe to score for pompey at 3-1 was double good odds but as usual I didn't follow my advice .

On the way home we discussed the superbowl and I told him I strongly fancied the giants for the fact that they'd won ten in a row on the road, once again I didn't lump on .
  • [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]on the way to scunny I told rothko that lumping on Defoe to score for pompey at 3-1 was double good odds but as usual I didn't follow my advice .

On the way home we discussed the superbowl and I told him I strongly fancied the giants for the fact that they'd won ten in a row on the road, once again I didn't lump on .

Any other tips you want to pass on?
  • Never trust a man with egg on his face.

La la.
  • I love American Football, always have done - recorded the Super Bowl and watched it yesterday - great game and what a defensive performance by the Giants!

I'll get my coat!
  • best bit about the super bowl was watching sky sports news 4 hrs of boredom condensed into 3 mins. see the final result and pretend that you watched it.

what a crock of shite
  • I repeat my earlier comment - don't understand it, fair enough. Don't like it - also fair enough. Calling it 'a crock of shite' because of either A or B above, shut the **** up and mind your own business. Personally can't stand motor racing - but I don't go round coating it off because I happen not to like it.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I repeat my earlier comment - don't understand it, fair enough. Don't like it - also fair enough. Calling it 'a crock of shite' because of either A or B above, shut the **** up and mind your own business. Personally can't stand motor racing - but I don't go round coating it off because I happen not to like it.

Oi Leroy - didn't you recently set up a thread called "What you just don't get" - I personally don't get why more people in North America watch the NFL than the NHL ;O)
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]I repeat my earlier comment - don't understand it, fair enough. Don't like it - also fair enough. Calling it 'a crock of shite' because of either A or B above, shut the **** up and mind your own business. Personally can't stand motor racing - but I don't go round coating it off because I happen not to like it.

Oi Leroy - didn't you recently set up a thread called "What you just don't get" - I personally don't get why more people in North America watch the NFL than the NHL ;O)
    Yes, I did indeed. But that doesn't mean I don't allow people the right to enjoy things I don't understand and then coat them off. Except people playing music on mobile phones grrrr... :)

The NHL rules as well. Hockey is God's own sport - FACT, LOCKED ON, NAILED ON etc etc
  • edited February 2008
    i love the world series in america for baseball,they only play in,and canada,the cubans who are shit hot dont?
  • Sponsored links:

• There's only one pro-Canadian baseball team - the Toronto Blue Jays. Here in Calgary. the Vipers who play in the Golden Baseball League struggle to pull in 2000 punters in a City of 1.25million.

The only reason football (soccer) struggles a bit over here is the weather & the distances between the major cities.

My problem with hockey is that there are just too many games between too few teams - last night was the battle of Alberta, the Edmonton Oilers thrashed the Calgary Flames 5-0 - yet the coverage this morning on the radio was pretty low key - it's just not a special occasion as they play each other 7 times a season in the regular league - before any play-offs. It's like a never ending treadmill of games which all blur into one another. This week the Flames played Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday!!!
  • Agreed totally Oakster (How you doing btw?) - Next year, I think (Leroy?) the schedules will change to ensure that each team plays each team at least once a year but there will still be a lot of divisional games. I think they should at least play home and away once a year.
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]There's only one pro-Canadian baseball team - the Toronto Blue Jays. Here in Calgary. the Vipers who play in the Golden Baseball League struggle to pull in 2000 punters in a City of 1.25million.

The only reason football (soccer) struggles a bit over here is the weather & the distances between the major cities.

My problem with hockey is that there are just too many games between too few teams - last night was the battle of Alberta, the Edmonton Oilers thrashed the Calgary Flames 5-0 - yet the coverage this morning on the radio was pretty low key - it's just not a special occasion as they play each other 7 times a season in the regular league - before any play-offs. It's like a never ending treadmill of games which all blur into one another. This week the Flames played Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday!!!

I don't agree on the number of games played though - you'd love it if Charlton played 5 times a week _ i know I would
  • I'm off to Vancouver again tomorrow night - flying in from Edmonton. Just a quickie this time - back foirst thing on Friday. I swear one day we'll meet for a pint!

Where do you live in VCR?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite] back foirst thing on Friday

first thing! apologies for going all New York gangster on you :-)
  • Pretty much downtown - I play football with a bunch of crazy persians on a thursday night - you should come and play!?!
  • Would love to but I have a load of work colleagues to entertain - i suspect we'll end up in Earls/Moxies or somesuch dribbling at the servers!
  • No worries - It's a shame the palace game is on the telly - we could have gone for some beers to celebrate our famous victory (you would have had to change your flight).
  • That would have been superb. I will be back in Vancouver in March - so will let you know well in advance. Would love to go to a Whitecaps game at some stage as well................
  • MMMMMMmmm... Earls servers! Spend many a lunch time here in Whistler drooling......