Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

benjani

i find it unreal that a potential £9m deal didn't happen because they left it until 23:15 last night to start a medical that was scheduled to last an hour.
there are 31 days in this transfer window. my 4 year old nephew could've done a better job trying to secure the deal.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    If they had to book the appointment with the local GP for the medical it would have been.
    * Is it urgent?
    *are you dying?
    *Do i give a shit?
    * The Doctors very busy?
    *I cant speak english.
    *take two paracetamol and f**k off.
    *So what if you paid into the NHS for 30 years i still dont give a shit.
    *Can ypu come back next week.
    * Please press button 6 to be cut off.
  • 'Arry won't mind - he gets THeFoe & keeps Benjani .........nice bit of business if you want a strong squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]If they had to book the appointment with the local GP for the medical it would have been.
    * Is it urgent?
    *are you dying?
    *Do i give a shit?
    * The Doctors very busy?
    *I cant speak english.
    *take two paracetamol and f**k off.
    *So what if you paid into the NHS for 30 years i still dont give a shit.
    *Can ypu come back next week.
    * Please press button 6 to be cut off.

What, you mean you can actually get through to your GP's surgery by phone?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]nice bit of business if you want a strong squad.

Tell that to the Pompey Chairman
  • Benjani deal being reviewed by the Premier League...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3098702,00.html
  • "it now seems the Premier League could yet allow the deal."

Either they made the deal by midnight or they didn't?!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]"it now seems the Premier League could yet allow the deal."

Either they made the deal by midnight or they didn't?!

I seem to remember the Ashley Cole/William Gallas deal a year or two back being concluded on Feb 1st.

Big clubs always get the rules bent their way.
  • Well the Ashley Cole transfer thing last year was concluded at something like 01 23 in the morning.
    So perhaps, the FA allow some sort of contingency if the process is already well underway before midnight.
  • apparently portsmouth want to sell him (to smooth the funds over the defoe and diarra signings) but man city got cold feet at the 11th hour and now don't really fancy him, so they are both arguing that he's the other's player... interesting!
  • So

Portsmouth had to sell a player to buy another. How strange. Their board must lack ambition and be a selling club.

and fancy leaving it to the last day when there is no time to get a replacement. Typical Charlton Pompey. Little Club
  • Sponsored links:

• take your boardroom head off you sarcastic sod ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] and fancy leaving it to the last day when there is no time to get a replacement.

That's funny as i could've sworn Defoe was his replacement
  • Fancy getting a replacement and not selling your original player.

So the replacement isn't really a replacement to replace the player who hasn't been replaced?
  • i'm confused oggy ;-)

but pompey aren't happy, claiming they only processed defoe's papers on the back of being guaranteed the benjani deal was done...
  • Not as confused as Pompey, I bet, ISaw......

Just guessing, they've probably spent about £12 million on Defoe ...... that's £12 million when they've really only got £7 mill in the bank.

So dear old Uncle 'Arry has probably had a bit of a b*llocking off his Chairman, who's now got the headache of finding £5 million he knows he hasn't got.

Whatever the fans think, if you don't get your sums right, your financial ship starts to list to starboard.
    At least Richard Murray is now a fully paid up member of the Wide Awake Club.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Not as confused as Pompey, I bet, ISaw......

Just guessing, they've probably spent about £12 million on Defoe ...... that's £12 million when they've really only got £7 mill in the bank.

So dear old Uncle 'Arry has probably had a bit of a b*llocking off his Chairman, who's now got the headache of finding £5 million he knows he hasn't got.

Whatever the fans think, if you don't get your sums right, your financial ship starts to list to starboard.
    At least Richard Murray is now a fully paid up member of the Wide Awake Club.

Defoe £9 million according to The Telegraph and Benjani was meant to go for £8 million.
  • Thanks for that, Len. It does make the sums add up a bit better - one more or less cancels the other out, plus a bit of loose change. Except that didn't happen.

I'm a bit surprised - I thought DeFoe would go for around £12 million as a last gasp signing in the transfer window.
    What do I know?

Although, as the fee has not been disclosed, I don't suppose the Telegraph knows either.....
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So

Portsmouth had to sell a player to buy another. How strange. Their board must lack ambition and be a selling club.

and fancy leaving it to the last day when there is no time to get a replacement. Typical Charlton Pompey. Little Club
    Irony, its a bit like woody and stoney ......(wry smiley winky thingy!)
  • Who would you rather have? Benjani or Defoe? Obviously we don't like Defoe but putting that aside who do you really think is the better player?
    Personally if I were a Pompey fan I'd rather keep Benjani.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]Who would you rather have? Benjani or Defoe? Obviously we don't like Defoe but putting that aside who do you really think is the better player?
    Personally if I were a Pompey fan I'd rather keep Benjani.

I'd have Defoe, the little Judas. He needs a manager like Redknapp, though, who believes in and understands him. I think he's great signing for them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Help me out here peeps, Ericsson has been paid somewhere between £25m-35m for his footballing expertise in his career.

Yet he values Benjani at the same price as Defoe.

Lets see who gets the most goals over the next three years eh Sven ?