Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Expert" analysis

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Watching this SSN debacle tonight reminds me of how "News" works these days.

A plane crashes and it's the lead story on the news. The bulletin starts and the anchor says "we're now going live to Charlie O'Flaherty at the scene - Charlie, what can you tell us?"
"A plane has crashed."
"Thanks for that Charlie. Now we have Bob Shocker in the studion who is an aviation expert. What caused the crash Bob?"
"It could be anything, it's too early to say for sure."
"Thanks for that Bob".
Half an hour of tosh and conjecture later the anchor says, "now let's go back to Charlie O'Flaherty who's live at the scene - what's the latest Charlie?"
"A plane crashed - we don't know why yet."
"Thanks for that Charlie. Well, there you have it. Tune into BBC News 24 fr live updates through the night."

Err no, I'd rather not if it's all the same - not if you're going to bombard me with such in-depth info as that!

Comments

• Options
    lol,your obviously on 1 2night
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]lol,your obviously on 1 2night

Yeah, but I'm right though ain't I?

(anyway, i don't get the chance to post during the day often these days!)
  • Options
    Yea u aint far off....lol.
    You certainly made up for it tonight.
  • Options
    The rise of 24 hr news is one of my real bug bears. Hate it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]The rise of 24 hr news is one of my real bug bears. Hate it.

Away from sport, you're absolutely right.

But Sky Sports News is worth its weight in comedy gold at the end of the transfer window. It was hilarious earlier this evening. Because Setanta Sports News has crept onto the scene they're that bit more panicky - so we had Doug Ellis interviewed LIVE to take the credit for the five Villa lads in the England squad, then 'Arry in his car outside Portsmouth's training ground, ignoring his mobile phone to talk bollocks to SSN for a few minutes. And back in the studio, Jim White (the shouty Scottish bloke) was almost creaming himself with excitement over the end of the transfer window.