Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Halford has signed

2»

Comments

• Options
    everyone seemed to say that about sodje when the rumours of him coming appeard. would say he has done well, trust pards and parky and give the guy a chance he is on loan if it works great if not he goes back after 6 months.
  • Options
    He's 6ft 4 inches and scored 24 goals in 163 games at Colchester (I don't know whether he took the penalties) but he might be useful at this level.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31892
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]everyone seemed to say that about sodje when the rumours of him coming appeard. would say he has done well, trust pards and parky and give the guy a chance he is on loan if it works great if not he goes back after 6 months.

The realistic view...he played well under Parky at Colchester and probably/hopefully has a good rapport with him.

Given our defensive problems with suspensions and injuries he will be good cover at the back and possibly also in midfield. If he knuckles down then it could be a good, cheap signing, if not back to Sunderland he goes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]He's 6ft 4 inches and scored 24 goals in 163 games at Colchester (I don't know whether he took the penalties) but he might be useful at this level.

He played up front for them now and again. It's only over the last year or two that he seems to have settled at RB.
  • Options
    From what i've heard it seems to me that Halford has struggled at the top level BUT is a very competent player at this level. We ARE NOT a premiership side so people who think we should be signing decent premiership players are deluded. Parkinson will know him well and that can only benefit us.
    If he's good at this level he will benefit us and competition down the right side will help. If Moo2 gets injured we have no right back, and he can also play further forward and provide competition for Sam/Ambrose.
  • Options
    I guess you can look at him as a direct (loan) swap for Sankofa but with a bit more versatility.

Osei did ok last season but lacks a bit of physical presence which perhaps this guy can give us.
  • Options
    Lets just hope the wheels dont fall off this time :-)
  • Options
    Well the Mackems think he's a disaster at right back but looks much more the real deal in midfield.
    Might give us a bit of height & physical presence played there - and has an eye for goal.

England U-21 caps when playing for Parky at Colchester.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: John Pearson[/cite]Not good enough for Reading or Sunderland, but ok for us....

jeez

you're a bundle of sunshine you are
  • Options
    Here's a Greg Halford looooooooong throw:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WDKXA7TrQ