Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Answers please Mr Murray

When is it that clubs with debt 3 maybe 4 times as much as us are having no trouble finding a buyer yet after spending 7 years in the prem and with the possible millions on offer if we go back up (and with our squad compared to many others the odds must be in our favour) we can't.You came out with the re-financing/selling statement in August and nothing has happened,well sod due-diligence with Reidy's sale imminent I want some answers please.Coz I'm as big a fan as you just not as wealthy.

Comments

• Options
    Spot on Steve. We own our ground and training facilities it should be a doddle for Murray to sell his stake to a nice cuddly invester who'll end up doing whats right. In fact has anyone got Ron Noades' number?
  • Options
    If the right buyer came along i think we'd sell. The Board are fans and i'm sure would love to see us flying at the top of the Prem but they won't just sell to anyone. I find that reassuring, as things could get much worse as a Club if we sold to any old millionaire. I fear that it will be the same with the Board, as it was with Curbs, and many won't appreciate what they have till it's gone.
  • Options
    I agree. all big investors want a return on their money and in the current football climate why should Charlton's directors be any different, but what i hope stands them out is that they are Charlton fans and want the right purchaser for the future of the club
  • Options
    we'll carry on saying that in 3 years time whilst still in the championshop and no this isn't a misspelling its where all the prem clubs go for bargains
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]When is it that clubs with debt 3 maybe 4 times as much as us are having no trouble finding a buyer yet after spending 7 years in the prem and with the possible millions on offer if we go back up (and with our squad compared to many others the odds must be in our favour) we can't.You came out with the re-financing/selling statement in August and nothing has happened,well sod due-diligence with Reidy's sale imminent I want some answers please.Coz I'm as big a fan as you just not as wealthy.

What the hell are you on about? We're fifth in the table, have a great squad, and every chance of returning to the Premiership. Would you like me to find out the number of the Samaritans, before you drag the rest of us down with your self-serving misery?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]When is it that clubs with debt 3 maybe 4 times as much as us are having no trouble finding a buyer yet after spending 7 years in the prem and with the possible millions on offer if we go back up (and with our squad compared to many others the odds must be in our favour) we can't.You came out with the re-financing/selling statement in August and nothing has happened,well sod due-diligence with Reidy's sale imminent I want some answers please.Coz I'm as big a fan as you just not as wealthy.

What the hell are you on about? We're fifth in the table, have a great squad, and every chance of returning to the Premiership. Would you like me to find out the number of the Samaritans, before you drag the rest of us down with your self-serving misery?

Precisely so why when the board said they were lookin for a buyer,are we havin so much trouble when qpr,coventry who are in a far worse state can?We should be a huge attraction given our current position.
  • Options
    That was the question i was asking and as you a friggin inpector maybe you can solve the mystery
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]we'll carry on saying that in 3 years time whilst still in the championshop and no this isn't a misspelling its where all the prem clubs go for bargains

i haven't got the ability to see the future but we rarely give away bargains and have had top dollar for Bent, Parker and Mills and the expected price on other players.
  • Options
    Does it really matter right now? You're acting like we're on the tip of another relegation and about to have the ground repossessed.
  • Options
    Yes answers Mr Murray ! how you and the board managed to get us back to the Valley, re build the ground,get us in the Prem league, keep us there for 7 years ?

Yes lets get a buyer who may well not give a monkeysFart and aftertwo years sell the training ground and move us toEbbsfleet or someother ShitPit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Yes answers Mr Murray ! how you and the board managed to get us back to the Valley, re build the ground,get us in the Prem league, keep us there for 7 years ?

Yes lets get a buyer who may well not give a monkeysFart and aftertwo years sell the training ground and move us toEbbsfleet or someother ShitPit.

Spot on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    Precisely so why when the board said they were lookin for a buyer,are we havin so much trouble when qpr,coventry who are in a far worse state can?We should be a huge attraction given our current position.

Is this PMT or the menopause?
    We are not havin so much trouble. Get a tablet and calm down.
  • Options
    times have changed people ten years ago share issues were the order of the day,to help build the stands and raise funds for players.Unfortunately that isn't enough anymore if you have aspirations to play in the premier league.I haven't said about spending millions on a player who will give us 2 years service.This all stems from the mis-management of the curbishley departure and for the third time in 4 seasons selling one of your best players on deadline day.
  • Options
    Murray has never put his head above the parapet to become a celebrity chairman, never pulled a fast one to shaft the club and in all honesty seemed a pretty decent bloke. Sure he made mistakes after Curbs' but the truth is a club like ours is always going to get relegated eventually and the longer we stayed up the harder it is to swallow. Anyway getting back on point, i think he deserves some time and space to find the right backers that can carry on his good work, in fact i think he's earned it.

S.
  • Options
    Actually peeps I've decided as im acting like a bear with a sore head,i will go into hibernation next year,so i miss the january transfer window.
  • Options
    Just do it for 24 hours.

Hope you feel better in the morning.
  • Options
    Steve I just think it our time of month mate we must be on the dreaded cycle cause i am fuming over all this.
  • Options
    to tell you the truth I half expected it and am playing a bit of devils advocate,I was fishing for a response on the sale of reid and a view on the board and have to say quite surprised at the overwhelming postive response to both,not to say i agree especially with the sale.The board I am happy with but not the dialogue between them and us over the past couple of seasons,and no that is not a dig at Henry who I think does a blinding job.
  • Options
    They dont make money from this club. When the share issue was done shares were 80p each last time i looked they were 21p. Therefore Murrays investment as the biggest share holder has lost more than %60 of its value.That dosnt include puting his own hand in his pocket to pay for stuff like the wages to the womans football team.

People go on and on and on about how lucky we were to have Curbs,but without Allwen and then Murray ,Curbs would have been f**k all and we as a club might not exist.
  • Options
    very much agree with your last post SantaClaus.

It was made pretty clear in the summer and at the start of this season that Murray would certainly be interested in moving aside if a white knight come along, someone / consortium that would have the backing to move things forward, but also have the soul of the club at heart. That clearly hasn't happened for one reason or another, so we do what we can to get through.

In the grand scheme of things, we are a small club no longer sitting at the top table. We get get low income from matchday revenue due to cheap tickets, we have poor merchandising sales compared to other clubs, and most importantly of all, we are missing out on the massive TV money.

We have always been a selling club, and unless we broke into the Top 4, we will always be a selling a club. There is no getting away from that fact.

Keeping a player who wants to go will have a negative effect on the rest of the squad, and the boards job in that instance is to raise the maximum value they can for that asset. They did with parker, and they did with Bent. If they have got £4m for Reid whilst injured, then i think they have done it again.

I'd rather he not go personally, but I am struggling in my mind to fit him in the team right now, I have harboured doubts on here before that he will be unable to reach the necessary fitness levels to crack it in the prem, and from what has been heard, he wants the move and the big jump up in salary.

Its not ideal, but sadly a no brainer for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Keeping a player who wants to go will have a negative effect on the rest of the squad
    I think this is the key fact that some people don't understand. Stop blaming the bboard that has done wonders for the club, if Andy wants to go then there is not much we can do to stop him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]The board I am happy with but not the dialogue between them and us over the past couple of seasons,and no that is not a dig at Henry who I think does a blinding job.

People like Richard Murray and Martin Simons do go to fan events, keep your eyes peeled as they are good fun and can give fans a better idea as to whats happening at the Club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]

I think the answer may well lie in the phrase "qpr, coventry who are in a far worse state". It you are going to spend your money somewhere, much better to do it where the price is low. Write off the debit and get the shares for nix. Our club has a considerable market value.
  • Options
    Does he want to go where has that come from i have heard nothing on here or anywhere else to say different.

i agree the board have been fantastic and would not criticise otherwise my beef is the date and timing y does it always have to be the last day every time. Parker would have had a negative effect because of the money he could have earnt and it was Chelsea, Murphey if i am honest and dont tell any of the feckers over here had the cahnce to go to a big club and Spurs are big great ground noisy fans loads of cash fact. But sunderland for fecks sake it aint even a nice place, there is feck all there
  • Options
    As AFKA says, keeping a player who really wants the move, results in all kinds of disruption & disharmony at the club.

We saw it with Parker & we saw it with Murphy.

And other clubs bigger than ours, will tell you the same story.
  • Options
    North stand - the grass is not always greener on the other side pal - just ask those mug scousers
  • Options

Perhaps the point you don't understand is that clubs with debt have to sell.

The review was perhaps to ensure that Murray and co not only sell to the highest bidder but get good value. It's all very well selling out to the first decent buyer that comes along but do we want characters like Hick and Gillett buying Charlton? Or dodgy Formula One team owners who fancy adding a football club to their portfolio? Even Man U fans aren't happy with the Glazer take over. Also Chelsea fans that I know are still in two minds about the Abramovich takeover.

Murray and co are not just hard headed businessmen but also fans, they know they don't have to take the first offer that comes along if it means sacrifycing the club to get there. My guess is that they've already had informal offers and chats but are sorting those with a genuine desire to push the club forward and complete the job they started, with those who'll borrow millions, mortgage the club heavily and then asset strip the place when the football boom dies on its feet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite] But sunderland for fecks sake it aint even a nice place, there is feck all there

Sunderland? Reid will see there a number of his Ireland team mates, run by a legend that he respects & with the focus to be a huge figure in the game going places. He'll also see a 45,000 seater stadium filled with some of the most passionate fans in the country.

Then they'll give him a fat signing on fee, double his wages and offer him a Premiership stage to perform on.

Put yourself in the player's boots. If you had that chance, would you turn it down?
  • Options
    Not saying i wouldnt my gripe is the last day of the window AGAIN

dig is just at northerners and yes it is full when they are winning but on MOTD it has not looked that full.

Keano marked for bigger and better jobs than Sunderland so the chances of him working for him for long are thin unlike reidy
  • Options
    What happened to the idea about Branson coming in, he's wealthy and not at all reckless.... I can just see the Virgin stand.