Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another consequence of last season

No buyer,spent loads and still got relegated,i'm afraid selling reidy is par for the course.The board made mistakes which they admitted too last season and this may turn out to be another.Harsh reality is there was no way we could spend the gray money without selling someone.A question we have to ask ourselves is with the forwards we had could we have gone up without a new signing,and can we go up without reidy.I think we had to buy a striker,but i dont know if we can go up without him.We shall see,but sorry Muraay and co you ballsed up last year and this is now your fault.

Comments

• Options
    you have been jolly today.
  • Options
    Spot on!
  • Options
    Steve, I'm pretty sure the board said they could just about afford Gray without selling anyone.

If Pards wanted anyone else he'd have to sell first.
  • Options
    I don't think the Gray deal has had that big an impact. Pards said a couple of days ago that transfer deals were well balanced and he might ask Murray to go a bit into the red if it meant getting a player he wanted. I don't think we have to sell but some deals you have to give serious consideration to, and this is one of those.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]No buyer,spent loads and still got relegated,i'm afraid selling reidy is par for the course.The board made mistakes which they admitted too last season and this may turn out to be another.Harsh reality is there was no way we could spend the gray money without selling someone.A question we have to ask ourselves is with the forwards we had could we have gone up without a new signing,and can we go up without reidy.I think we had to buy a striker,but i dont know if we can go up without him.We shall see,but sorry Muraay and co you ballsed up last year and this is now your fault.[/quote]

Sorry to disagree Steve, and yes certainly mistakes were made, but if this as bad as it gets I`ll take it, Leeds, Wednesday, Coventry, Charlton in the Glikstein days they are balls ups!!! this is mearly a hiccup, I`d trust Murray and co with my finanaces anyday, Risdale, I wouldn`t let him take charge of my Grandson`s sweet money.
  • Options
    A bit over the top, I think. Reid will only be sold if he wants to go and that's something only he will know. I personally doubt he will leave at this stage and there is even more doubt that Sunderland are going to pony up 4 million quid on a bloke with a busted knee who won't be match fit for another couple of weeks.

If they sign him for that and he breaks down early on and misses the rest of the season then they will be left looking very silly indeed.
  • Options
    hes going,players have no loyalty whatsover.
  • Options
    He has been here 18 months what loyalty does he owe us, none... Let him go it is not comparable to Parker, and to be frank Murphy was also a luxury we could not ply in a 442.....
  • Options
    i think IF this does go through pickwick, the loyalty aspect is in the "gentleman's agreement" at the start of this season, the good rapport with the fans and the fact that after his problems last season he needed to use us after the summer exodus to get his move away
  • Options
    Roy Keane is the BIGGEST ever player to come out of Ireland and is a hero to the likes or Andy Reid etc and reality is if Keane wants him Reid is going to want to go - we' move on = we done alright without him and the signs are the midfield is starting to gel a bit as well.

Personally I'd want him to stay but I am not bothered if he wants to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we forget that we're the fans .... fans for life.

The players do their jobs, might even love their jobs, but it's still a job.

It's a relatively short career and they will see that they need to earn while they can.
    After all, it's a job.

And if a new prospective employer offers them better contracts and more money, then can you blame them?
    How many people on here would turn down a better paid job with perhaps seen as better prospects, if they had the chance?