Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

how you met the other half first time

edited January 2008 in Not Sports Related
discuss

Comments

• Options
    Her first day at the office, then I ended-up doing some training/mentoring for her.
  • Options
    It was at a retirement party for a mutual friend. Love at first sight.
  • Options
    Should I put my list in some kind of spreadsheet ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]discuss

go on then
  • Options
    Used to work up town, didnt want to go out, mates rang me up, and twisted my arm, nearly all went off in one pub, moved on to another, standing watching the football in the next pub, and this attractive blonde kept smiling at me, blanked her till the football finished then smiled back, she came over and poured a glass of champers, happy days, who said treat them mean keep them keen doesnt work, mind you been skint ever since, and dont get to see as much footie on the box so whos laughing in the long run
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]It was at a retirement party for a mutual friend. Love at first sight.[/quote]

Was it her party
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Should I put my list in some kind of spreadsheet ;-)

Don't tell me your getting like WSS!!

Shame on you!!!

:-)
  • Options
    Met her in The Venue in October 2005 but didnt remember her, then in May 2006 I was waiting outside Zens (classy clubs eh??) when she came out and talked to me but i didnt have a clue who she was. Think she got a bit angry when i said, in a drunken stupor "i havent got time to talk, i want a kebab and it aint yours". I told her to put her number in my phone and i'd text her tomorrow.

Which I did, we then went out for a couple of social drinks and went to the Elton John concert at The Valley and that is our official "start date".

Been happy ever since!
  • Options
    on a coach to an away game.

we lost 5-1.....
  • Options
    I was over the moon when the mrs said she couldnt make Saturday, Medders had been winding me up about it for weeks ;-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2008
    christ she really did have a bad day barts
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]on a coach to an away game.

we lost 5-1.....[/quote]

Where was we playing,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]It was at a retirement party for a mutual friend. Love at first sight.

Was it her party

Er...No. It was a mutual friend but we are both nearing an age where we could retire early
  • Options
    Can't really remember.
    Her mates still call me 'the dribbler' to this day though!
  • Options
    worked with her and tried to pull her at a party,she turned me down but then she made the first move at the xmas party some 19 years ago.I was just a young pup,remember we played Palace away at selhurst the next day so i couldn't take her out as i was meeting Wheniwaslittleboy and many others in the St Martins Tavern for the mother of all beer ups.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]"i havent got time to talk, i want a kebab and it aint yours".

You never seriously said that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]on a coach to an away game.

we lost 5-1.....

Where was we playing,

Bolton (old ground)
  • Options
    do you sit with her at matches now?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]worked with her and tried to pull her at a party,she turned me down but then she made the first move at the xmas party some 19 years ago.I was just a young pup,remember we played Palace away at selhurst the next day so i couldn't take her out as i was meeting Wheniwaslittleboy and many others in the St Martins Tavern for the mother of all beer ups.[/quote]

And you still didnt buy a round then.........Big Gaz feel asleep in the pub for two hours woke up and necked a pint in onethat had been sitting in front of him for the past two plus hours, and carried like nothing happened
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]do you sit with her at matches now?

not unless she is short, fat and going bald....

seperate stands.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i met javier in verona late august 1987,rember it last yesterday he was wearing a crisp white valentino shirt and cream chino shorts hugging hes undercarriage,hes hair swept back into a ponytail,he glanced at me with hes trademark smile and i was putty in hes hand,we went to the opera that night and our hearts sang with joy along with the music,we then run across the beach laughing and giggling.
  • Options
    not unless she is short, fat

Not unless you married your twin

;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]on a coach to an away game.

we lost 5-1.....[/quote]

Where was we playing,[/quote]

Bolton (old ground)[/quote]

You should have known she was the one when she asked if u had a spare pound that you could lend her for the drivers collection once you hit the M25
  • Options
    The Royal Oak, Charlton Lane, he can tell you which game it was, as I can't remember.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]The Royal Oak, Charlton Lane, he can tell you which game it was, as I can't remember.[/quote]

Imagian the abuse the poor sod would of got if he wouldnt been able to remember
  • Options
    pissed again suz
  • Options
    Through Charlton Life - as we lost touch after being in the same class at primary school.

:-)
  • Options
    mines the best still!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]The Royal Oak, Charlton Lane, he can tell you which game it was, as I can't remember.

Imagian the abuse the poor sod would of got if he wouldnt been able to remember

He's thankfully got a very good memory. I do remember that he hadn't slept all night and had the sweats, and was pale as a sheet. I swore for a year that i'd never been to portsmouth's ground. till he reminded me that we went together when we first started going out! whoops!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]mines the best still!

sad thing is yours is true