Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Title or 2nd

I honestly think that we will win the league

I have kept the faith in Pards all season

I think that the run in will aid us to win the league as if we beat those around us at home and pick up points away it is ours.

Agree or Disagree

Comments

• Options
    I wanna go to Wembley !
  • Options
    you been at the sherry again dazza
  • Options
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
    must not tempt fate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: iansarge[/cite]I wanna go to Wembley !

Sod that again, not sure i could take it!
  • Options
    There was a thread a while back when we were having a poor run and the suggested finsihing places ranged from top to 15th (I think). I said first then and have seen nothing to change my mind. I have seen all teams play and I honestly think we are the best team.
  • Options
    lets beat scunthorpe 1st
  • Options
    Yesh iz pished but i still stay 1st

" my saying to all the yids at work was no point being in a league that you can not win"

Keep the faith

Alan pardews Red and white army
  • Options
    Hey brunello you spotted that while we spent half the season punting balls up to the big man? Kudos.
  • Options
    Yes. I also started a thread on Oct 9th (cant do all that copying malarky) that said we wouldn't get far punting long balls up to Iwelumo and this was when evryone was wnaking themselves over him. I also suggested in December we should buy Andy Gray from Burnley and got derided. cool heh?
  • Options
    LOL, love threads like this after a win.

It was just three weeks ago people were saying on here :-)

'Pardew out'
    'the man has lost the plot'
    'Parkinson just why is he on the payroll'
    'Parkinson has to go before its too late as well'
    Parkinson has to go no matter what the man offers nothing.
    'he needs to walk and even faster'
    'i've never been convinced by him'
    'one way ticket to nowhere'
    'next season when we are yet another division lower'
    'I think that your comments suggesting that a striker and a defender would change things around are just scraping the surface, I have seen nothing to suggest that there is a quick fix at the Valley just around the corner.'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Yes. I also started a thread on Oct 9th (cant do all that copying malarky) that said we wouldn't get far punting long balls up to Iwelumo and this was when evryone was wnaking themselves over him. I also suggested in December we should buy Andy Gray from Burnley and got derided. cool heh?

Brunello ....if Newcastle can find a role for Denis Wise, then Charlton should find a role for you ....... ;o)

PS: Who should be a last minute signing for Charlton as the window slams shut tomorrow?
  • Options
    I think we'll come second.
    Whisper it quietly, but I keep having this thought at the back of my mind that we're going to Wembley to play Palar$e in the play off final.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: iansarge[/cite]I wanna go to Wembley !

Our Wembley record is
    Lost - War Cup
    Won - War Cup
    Lost - FA Cup
    Won - FA Cup
    Lost - Full Members Cup
    Won - Play off final

Wouldn't want to risk breaking the sequence thia year in the play offs, let's go straight up!
  • Options
    Brunello ....if Newcastle can find a role for Denis Wise, then Charlton should find a role for you ....... ;o)

PS: Who should be a last minute signing for Charlton as the window slams shut tomorrow?

Would love it but thinks I will either have to shrink or marry a millionairess. I dont think we will sign anyone before Thursday...........
  • Options
    1st. Our last game is on a sunday and conveniently the following day is a bank holiday.

So we can all really celebrate our promotion and lie in the next day before we wander down for the open top bus ride. And we wont have the worry of the play offs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]1st. Our last game is on a sunday and conveniently the following day is a bank holiday.

So we can all really celebrate our promotion and lie in the next day before we wander down for the open top bus ride. And we wont have the worry of the play offs.
    Sounds like a plan Curb-it. It'll just be the hangover the day after the open top bus ride to deal with :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]Brunello ....if Newcastle can find a role for Denis Wise, then Charlton should find a role for you ....... ;o)

Would love it but thinks I will either have to shrink or marry a millionairess. I dont think we will sign anyone before Thursday...........

Thanks, Brunello.

PS: Click on Format code BBC code (below 'Add your comments' box), click on 'quote' on message you want to copy ....and voila! - your quote appears neatly defined. Even I can do it now. ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I think we'll come second.
    Whisper it quietly, but I keep having this thought at the back of my mind that we're going to Wembley to play Palar$e in the play off final.

If you don't stop saying that your sleeping in the shed!!

If the choice is 1st or 2nd then I don't care about silverwear so I'm happy with 2nd
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]LOL, love threads like this after a win.

'Pardew out'
    'I think that your comments suggesting that a striker and a defender would change things around are just scraping the surface, I have seen nothing to suggest that there is a quick fix at the Valley just around the corner.'

i wonder where Weegie is now, with her 'Pards Out' sillyness
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: NorthStandUltra[/cite]I think we'll come second.

If you don't stop saying that your sleeping in the shed!!

If the choice is 1st or 2nd then I don't care about silverwear so I'm happy with 2nd

:-) x
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]LOL, love threads like this after a win.

'Pardew out'

LOL and if we lose or draw at Scunny or even worse to that other lot the moaners will return PDQ.

E I E I E I O
    Up the football league we go
    When we get automatic promotion
    this is what we'll sing
    We are Charlton
    Super Charlton
    Pride of South London
  • Options
    only one of those was Weegs. I l know she has been back a few times since and i hope you start posting your views again H.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and its always good fun to look back to what you / others said a while ago. Is any of it really serious at the end of the day ?
  • Options
    Simon Walton, player of the year Rothers...;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Simon Walton, player of the year Rothers...;-)

LOL, i forecasted Traore !!!
  • Options
    Champions
    Champions
    Champions
    Champions
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Simon Walton, player of the year Rothers...;-)

For Hull
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Alex Wright[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]1st. Our last game is on a sunday and conveniently the following day is a bank holiday.

Sounds like a plan Curb-it. It'll just be the hangover the day after the open top bus ride to deal with :-)

Good point. i didnt think of that.
  • Options
    Not tempting fate but the fact is 4 points separates the top five and one of those five are Stoke who we saw last night are a poor outfit.
    Watford we outplayed and should have beaten last week, Bristol City are punching above their weight so to my mind that just leaves ourselves, WBA and maybe either Ipswich or Wolves if they come with a great final run
  • Options
    the thing is ka, other people are probably saying that about us and each other.

Look at WBA getting done by PNE, us getting done by QPR and Kevin Lisbie, Ipswich getting tonked away from home and Watford not winning at home since 1932.

Swings and roundabouts in this league and there are going to be a lot more twist and turns before we can properly tell whether or not we will be able to go up or get in the playoffs.
  • Options
    Barnsley would be good to gain promotion at, away end holds 6,000