Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd - "I think we'll go up automatically"

WSSWSS
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31889

It was Sam's first Addicks strike since September 29th when he fired Charlton in front at Coventry City, having opened his goal account for the club with a free-kick against Stockport County in SE7 a month earlier.

"I'll take it however it comes and Charlton won a big game so it's very important," he said.

"If we want to get automatic promotion those are the sort of games you have got to win.

"We have a few games at home coming up against our rivals. Those are the games we have to win and that's the first one. That will definitely decide our season."

With Jerome Thomas coming back from a hamstring niggle to emerge from the bench in the second half and Andy Gray impressing up front on debut, the Charlton squad is looking strong heading into February.

And Sam knows he must keep at the top of his game to maintain his position in the starting XI having racked up a 40th appearance for the club against the Potters.

He said: "There is a lot of pressure and we have a lot of players that can play in different positions so you have to keep performing.

"There is a lot of talent in the squad and that's what you need for promotion. I think we'll go up automatically."

In terms of the result, Sam believes his late show was rich reward for the home side's efforts on the night and with four points now separating the top five clubs in the Championship it is all to play for.

"I think we had most of the game tonight, had some good chances and a lot of possession," Lloyd mused.

"I thought we deserved to win. It was a difficult game but I think most players were on our game out there."