Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Would Curbs take the Newcastle job right now ?

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
...and would he turn them around !

I think yes and yes...

Comments

• he would be a fool not to.

always take a club when they are below their natural level. Newcastle may not be the big giant they think they are, but they are a top half premiership club, and curbs could achieve that easily.

a midfield of solano, parker and duff should be in a top 6 side.
  • Could he work with Fat Freddie though?

He had 15 years with arguably the best and most supportive Premiership chairman in Richard Murray.

Fat Freddie would be somewhat different!
  • edited November 2006
    I agree with all the above three- He would be a fool not to take this (hypothetical) job- It's a step up for him- He's taking a club on punching well below their weight and frankly- other than Steve Gibson at 'Boro, he won't find a chairman in the same vein of Richard Murray so why look for one.
  • yes he would but not sure how he'd do to be honest.
  • The potential has always been there with Newcastle - 55k crowds, high media presence but no trophies in nearly 40 years. They've always had money to spend but expectations have always been equally high. I reckon Roeder is on borrowed time - another defeat and he'll be packing his bags. The Newcastle job would be a step up after Charlton and right now they can hardly sink lower - getting Newcastle into mid-table and safe from relegation is the first target.
  • If Curbs DID take the job would they sing

See a little Kishy on a little dishy

when the boat comes in

come January?:-)
  • If he could work with Shepherd then I think he would take it. Lets face it apart from the big four, Newcastle have huge potential and could be the big team he has been looking for.
    It was interesting reading at the weekend that the three teams Roeder has managed before have all finished 7th in his first season. The following season all have been relegated! Where did Newcastle finish last season - yes you've guessed it!
    Mind you I can't see Shepherd allowing him to stay to take the Geordies down somehow!
  • how would he feel knowing going into the last game of the season a Newcastle win would put Charlton down?
  • Newcastle is the highest profile club that would look at Curbs as a manager and for that reason he would be mad to turn it down if it was offered.

If he does well there it opens the door to the job, I suspect he really wants, England manger.