Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The over the line or was it handball incident in the 1st half.

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Were the players complaining that the ball had gone in or that it was handball? wasn't clear from the back of the East.

Comments

• Options
    I thought they were claiming handball and/or a corner - typically it went for a goal kick!
  • Options
    Handball claim I thought.

What was with that ref last night....How did he not give us a pen?
  • Options
    Definate Handball!!
  • Options
    Don't think it denied us ag goal, but deliberate handball (not ball to hand) by defender next to post. Immediate danger had cleared but he appeared to have a rush of blood to the head and lent down to scoop it away as we sought to sustain the attack. Not sure, but it might even have been Griffin who showed at times just why he often played a part in those comedy Newcastle defensive master classes.
  • Options
    Ball bounced up and hit the guy on the lines hand and he then hoofed it clear. It was ball to hand but then again it might have gone in if it had not hit him
  • Options
    I hate wildly ambitious appeals when the ball is whacked at someone's arm from all of three feet away, but I honestly felt he steered it away this time as it wasn't travelling very fast. Difficult to spot though where he was, and hey!, it didn't matter in the end as WE WON
  • Options
    we thought the ball crossed the line before he handled it.
  • Options
    definate handball, that's what everyone was screaming for
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Definitely handball, it was on the top of his aram and he guided the ball away, so grounds enough for a pen but the guy was facing the covered end at the time and completely the wrong side for the ref so he couldn't have seen it/been 100%.

However what irritated me most was that the ref gestured to our players that the ball had hit him on the chest when a) he couldn't have seen, and b) that was clearly wrong.

He should've simply told the players he was unsighted and to do one