Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Paddy McCarthy and Bougherra

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
For me tonight the man was massive! The team as a whole were brilliant stayed patient and got what they deserved. But McCarthy was the first to steam in when Youga was chopped down (which like it or not against teams like Stoke is needed) and at the end was the first to run to Weaver to congratulate him on confirming the 3 points for us. He behaved like a leader all night and looks solid as hell next to Boogie. So Mr McCarthy if you're reading this, sorry for slating you at the beginning of the season and I hope you continue to provide those kind of performances!

Comments

• Whole-heartedly endorse everything above!
  • Great to see Paddy show his qualities.

Pards must have seen qualities in Paddy that most of us couldn't see (that sounds a bit Oirish...!)
  • Agree with all said.

have added Bougherra to the title as i thought he was immense tonight, and fitting to put the two together as that was probably the first time we looked like we had a real solid core at the back. Finally getting to see the real Bougherra i hope.

Well done chaps.
  • Agree with everything above and would add that Bougherras run and shot were brill!
  • Vintage 'YouTube' Bougherra ....?
  • I know I slagged him off after the Watford incident but he and McCarthy did okay tonight.

Still not sure that they're the answer though, Fuller skinned the pair of them a couple of times. On that note, best striker I've seen against us this season, pace, good in the air, holds it up and obviously knows where the goal is.
  • edited January 2008
    And after a lengthy trial some years ago, was to be our signing for £1 mill until he done his back.
  • McCarthy and Bougherra defended superbly tonight against a difficult side with all the long throws and free kicks.

Sodje and Fortune will struggle to get into the side now. Great competition for places at centre half. How things change so quickly in football.
  • Those throw ins were amazing . worth buying him for those.
  • Bougherra I thought had his best game in a CAFC shirt tonight despite some fo the grief he was getting from those who sit behind me
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy & Majid were very solid...........for the first time in a very long while I actually felt confident with our defence.

Marvellous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Agree with the above I've been critical of both Paddy and Bougy but they were immense tonight.

Bougy narrowly man of the match for me from Weaver.
  • edited January 2008
    Can all those who labelled him a carthorse say sorry then now please
  • I did - based on his turning circle and the way the ground moved faster under his feet than his feet.

Got to say, love his attitude, the talking to team mates & organising, and the fact that he's given it his best shot.

Good on you, Paddy McColossus
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Can all those who labelled him a carthorse say sorry then now please

hold up

we'll be here all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • great turn of pace from Paddy to get involved in the ruck at the end
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]great turn of pace from Paddy to get involved in the ruck at the end

I think it was the fastest he's moved since he joined us.
  • Loved it when Paddy offered to "see" Fuller in the tunnel, during the aftermath of that shocking tackle on Youga. LOL. Would have been quite a confronation!!
  • i know who my money would have been on!!!
  • Absolutely Not, the guy is a carthorse just getting away with it because the strikers in this div are mainly large lumps which is right up his street. When he is up agianst a tricky pacey player will show his attribute again. However I hope the bloke turns in good performances. A clean sheet at last hope him & Boogy keep it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Absolutely Not, the guy is a carthorse just getting away with it because the strikers in this div are mainly large lumps which is right up his street. When he is up agianst a tricky pacey player will show his attribute again. However I hope the bloke turns in good performances. A clean sheet at last hope him & Boogy keep it up.

Because Todd, Youds, Tiler, Balmer, Chapple were all footballing geniuses with bags of pace weren't they?
  • Gotta say Paddy was great tonight I think he has been our best player since Hull at home.Boughy I thought played well in the last 30 mins,but in the first 15 mins of second half allowed Fuller in twice and after I gave him a good telling off he responded as I would have expected.Do as NSS tells you and everything will be hunkey dorey.
  • outstanding, the pair of em!!!!!!
  • Bougherra was man of the match by a mile in my opinion. Plenty of people have been slating him on here, think last few games we are seeing what Pards did when he stumped up £2.5m for a footballing centre half.
  • no gay sex with players now Kets it only shows favoritism in the long run.
  • I suppose we really had to be patient with the squad as its a fairly new squad. Maybe the likes of Magic, Paddy, little reg etc.... are finally getting settled. Pards said and the start of the season it was a two year plan you get backup.

If we dont do it this year and we add next year we should go up.

Though if we lose on Sat panic will set in for me again !! Thats the way it is I guess
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]no gay sex with players now Kets it only shows favoritism in the long run.

I'll admit he is my 2nd fav player behind ZZ, but always thought he was quality, just been waiting for him to show it.
  • [cite]Posted By: StrikerFirmani[/cite]Absolutely Not, the guy is a carthorse just getting away with it because the strikers in this div

Dead right, no place for him in the Prem, oh but wait a minute, we're not in the Prem, if he plays like last night then let him help us out of this division and then we can worry about speedy tricky Prem forwards.
  • Thought they were both excellent, and for once it felt as though we could repel everything thrown at us (even with that late scare). Great to see Bougy looking like the player we all hoped we'd signed. With the crowd onside and looking at other scores near the end, it began to feel really like a promotion push. When the inevitable setbacks bite us in the bottom, let's stay with the players instead of panicking and making them scared to make mistakes. Support last night was excellent and sustained, and quite possibly gave the flagging players (Sam?) a vital lift with 1/4 hr left.
  • The blokes behind me were slagging off players throughout the match, Ambrose particularly, also Bhougherra and Iwelumo, no pleasing some people.