Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam is the new Kevin Lisbie......discuss

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Sometimes he looks like a great player but all too often I am disappointed by him

This was his year to cement his place and really kick on and at present I am not seeing enough to justify his place. Admittedly there is not enough competition for places in his position but Moutouakil's defending is not the best so we might see him being pushed on as a winger in the future if we get cover at right back.

Comments

• Options
    ????

Lloyd Sam has played about 2 games in 4 years . He started this season as a first team squad player, he was injured pre-season but forced his way into Pards plans and it was a surprise when he was put in the team vs Scunnie.

He has produced some good displays, some maybe showing his lack of football nouce, but I like watching him.

If he was as good as Ronaldo he'd be playing for UManU ...
  • Options
    bags of potential not much delivery. It would have been intresting had he not got sent off against Hull as he was just hitting form but that seems to have really set him back
  • Options
    i like sam to compare him to that waste of breath lisbie is a tad much.
  • Options
    he's shooting is atrocious,but i quite like the kid,ah a bit like lisbie
  • Options
    expect the like bit.
  • Options
    I agree about the comment re the Hull game - he was playing well and destroying their full back but since then he just doesn't seem to beat his man.

I am hoping Moo2 is good for him as he has genuine pace overlapping him and the 2 could link up quite well.

Don't get me wrong - I like Lloyd Sam and he has been patient, but I just want him to be ripping up trees now he has a chance otherwise he will be out the door come the end of the season if we are promoted.

Prove me wrong Lloydy...I am going to stick a fiver on you for first goal tonight
  • Options
    Unless we break quickly, (rare now Holland is back in favour) he is getting the ball with a full back and a winger to beat, so he'll often beat one and look to pass inside. It is wastful to put a high ball into the box unless we have their defense retreating or we have someone very good in the air, however his driven crosses into a crowded box are dangerous and have been unlucky not to fall better for us. Lisbie didn't played wide right so there is no comparison. Lloyd rarely wastes balls so is worth his place. If you want a lack of end product, look to the other wing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]If you want a lack of end product, look to the other wing.
    I agree, Thomas has no end product.
  • Options
    The Moo2 point is important, he's now got a full back who wants to get up and down all game long, and that gives him the space.

I like Lloyd, good skills, excellent work ethic, potential to be a better player in the very near future
  • Options
    our expectations of young players is unbelievable - his first full season FFS give him time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The Moo2 point is important, he's now got a full back who wants to get up and down all game long, and that gives him the space.

I like Lloyd, good skills, excellent work ethic, potential to be a better player in the very near future
    Agreed. When we have played with width he has been very good.

Unfortunately in certain games, like Watford, he is obviously under instruction to play in a more central role to pack the midfield and it does not suit him.

(Even though he had a very good chance in the game mentioned above)
  • Options
    to me, Sam looks to be lacking in confidence and self-belief

decent dribbler and flashes of skill but his crossing and finishing are woeful

I have him down as a decent Championship player at best - nowhere near good enough for the Prem.
  • Options
    If you play with full backs like Moo2 and Crab man, then the width in midfield isn't as important, you can tuck in and use that extra space
  • Options
    "Crab man"

Who dat?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]our expectations of young players is unbelievable - his first full season FFS give him time.

agree almost entirely, but Sam is 24 this year, lets not put him in the same bracket as the Basey's.
  • Options
    Crab man, tee hee.

Took a mate to the Blackpool game and he kept going on about Crabman, didnt know what he was on about till I did a google.
  • Options
    Crabman!!

Brilliant.

Youga:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cinemablend.com/images/sections/6784/6784.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Sneak-Peak-New-Earl-Video-Respect-The-Meat-6784.html&h=182&w=228&sz=14&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=8h6NQ6GWcsOtCM:&tbnh=86&tbnw=108&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcrabman%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN
  • Options
    I hate to say it but Thomas could take a leaf out of Ambrose's book, get into the box before you shoot and you will score, none of our so called widemen seem to be able to cross very consistently though.
  • Options
    Think Sam is a confidence player, when he is on top of his game he can murder a full back, but if he makes a few wayward passes his head will drop, i think if the crowd give him some backing, the srt of backing Mills got, i think Sam would warm to it, and give him the confidence he needs to take his man on
  • Options
    imo sam gets away with below par performances because he didn't cost us a penny, where as ambrose cost us but is the same age yet is booed and gets his own 'what does he bring to the team' thread.
    according to the os, we should keep quiet about darren ambrose stats.
    83 goals in 18 games so far this season.

i blame the new IT guy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    83 goals in 18 games so far this season........And some people still think Ambrose is crap....????

;o)
  • Options
    Sammo scored tonight ......then gets subbed a minute later (tactical, no doubt, to strengthen centre mid).

It should help his confidence big time. People at the match, other than his goal did Sammo do the biz tonight?
  • Options
    His final ball was lacking, but he made some good runs and tackles.
  • Options
    I thought his time wasting departure from the field was a classic, at one stage i thought he would do a lap of honour.
  • Options
    Personally i didn't think Sam had a great game tonight but he popped up when it mattered and that's what will be remembered.
  • Options
    He was in it throughout, a constant menace, sometimes twists once to often particularly as he tries to get it back onto his right foot once too often, and his final ball is sometimes lacking.

But he is definately getting better.
  • Options
    Lloyd Sam and players like him are a nightmare for big lump defenders like Stoke have.

I thought he was effective tonight.
  • Options
    he was doing too mugh of the 'Ronaldoesque' fancy steps for me....................but am delighted he got his goal!

i really really rate him!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]he was doing too mugh of the 'Ronaldoesque' fancy steps for me

I thought that was kelly, at one stage we had the showboating left side and the crossless right side.
  • Options
    Lloyd started it & then Jelly joined in.................thought I was watching that rubbish strictly come dancin at one point!!!!!!!