Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scott Carson - what a keeper - Diawara

edited November 2006 in General Charlton
Carson was magnificent saturday. The save from the header was WORLD CLASS. As was the one from Samaras - i know it was fairly central but he didn't half wallop that.

As for Diawara he is looking awesome and getting better with every game and was so unlucky not to score in the 2nd half.

Comments

• Reckon Borat owes Diawara part of his win bonus, as i think by chance he is going to have a run in the side off the back of him.

Diawara was bought to be the main man, you don't pay £3.7m for a sidekick, and El Kak is not only a decent foil, he importantly speaks French, to help Diawara along.
  • Yeah couldn't agree more.
  • While Diawara has been top draw, I don't think that Elk has got the credit he's deserved in the last couple of games.
  • ELK had a good game on Saturday.
  • Arf, I second that - also thought Romm had his best game (well 45 mins) for us, he started like a man possessed !.

I thought Carson's save from Samaras was better than the header considering how hard he hit it and it was with one (albeit very strong!) hand.

Enjoyed saturdays game (except the last 10 mins!) more than any I have for a very long while, thought we at times played some excellent football.

Diawara is pure class and is already my new cult figure hero !! - if Wenger had snapped him up and he was in the Arsenal back 4 all the pundits on MOTD and Soccer Saturday would be creaming themselves over him !!!!
  • Reid did well too IMO
  • Noticed that the Sun today gives Diawarra a 6 out of 10 & calls him 'a poor mans Sol Campbell' bit harsh don't you think.
  • The guy from the Sun is an eejit...
  • the defence is looking very solid isnt it. Talel is having a very good season, and 'that' tackle was up with Diawara's @ the newcastle game (in my opinion) Dowie seems to have found Rieds position in centre mid and holland also looked good i thought. Carson just gets better and better...the Suns out, the birds are singing..yep my glass is looking half full today!
  • Diawara: NO NONSENSE - Richard Rufus in disguise ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Diawara is a ruthless bastard, no messing, hunt, kill, destroy type centre half we've been missing for a while
  • I am sure I read somewhere that Dowie has been working with Borat over the last couple of weeks which is probably why there has been a considerable improvement in Borat performance. If this is true, then it does prove that Dowie is indeed a good coach and all he needs is a little more time.
  • I'm waiting on Diawara to put in a tackle like Rufus put in on Les Ferdinand, and then the comparisons will be complete
  • All things take time, hopefully we're going to see the fruits of the partnerships starting to come the fore in the next few weeks.

Despite the 4 clean sheets, i'm still not convinced about us defensively and feel we can still improve on that part of our game.
  • Have to agree Smudge. We have to look at who we've kept clean sheets against and the fact that Carson has been playing out of his skin.

Having said that keeping those clean sheets will hopefully breed some confidence
  • Rufus on Ferdinand has to be my all-time top Charlton tackle.

First game back after 6 months out with knee ligaments and he sends Sir Les into orbit.

Unbelievable...
  • Followed by rousing chant of "Rufus is back, Rufus is back"

Class...
  • i honestly think this guy has the potential to be better than Rufus. His distribution certainly seems a notch above.

the key bit being potential though.
  • [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Rufus on Ferdinand has to be my all-time top Charlton tackle.

First game back after 6 months out with knee ligaments and he sends Sir Les into orbit.

Unbelievable...

Here here kinveachy-

Even some really (well aren't they all?) bitter and twisted spudz fan acquaintances of mine grudginly acknowledge that tackle for what it was-

World class!!
  • Oh god yeah at Shite Hart Lane was that

Great night if I remember right