Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Haye v Maccarinelli

As Leroy Ambrose rightly pointed out, this should be British fight of the decade/century.

Anyone else going? Should be a belter, Haye being a London boy fighting in his backyard looking to become the next Lennox Lewis. Enzo Maccarinelli possibly the best cruiserweight in the world at the moment. Both are big punchers, Enzo possibly has the harder jab and is at a more comfortable weight but Haye has got a sledgehammer of a power punch and that keeps him there with the cliched 'punchers chance'.

Comments

• Was tempted to go until I saw the ticket prices!
    Coupled with lack of details about the undercard, I decided to settle with a TV view.
  • me too , bought meself a haymaker t-shirt instead.

not only were the ticket prices a bit steep but the fight is on tv live in the U.S so it will be at ridiculous o clock
  • The undercard or lack of information about it is slightly concerning Khan will be on it I reckon and possibly a British heavyweight (Williams, Harrison, Sprott).

Who cares anyway the main event should be worth the entrance fee alone.
  • your lucky dicko this will be a classic! hayemaker 6th round win. you heard it here first.
    id love to go to the calzaggy but cant stand the thought of being surrounded by welsh flags!
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]your lucky dicko this will be a classic! hayemaker 6th round win. you heard it here first.
    id love to go to the calzaggy but cant stand the thought of being surrounded by welsh flags!

Can't believe you lot rated the one with the curly hair fitter more importantly!!! Medders you're a melt, medders, medders you're a melt
  • Has all the makings of an absolute classic. I'll get shot for saying this here, but I prefer Maccarinelli as a fighter to Haye. Don't get me wrong, Haye's a very, very good fighter. I just think Maccarinelli is an absolute class act - one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world (no exaggeration). He doesn't get the respect he deserves (especially from the poxy yanks) and often lives in Calzaghe's shadow, but I love the way he fights. He has all the heart you want from a British fighter and is also technically excellent and very heavy handed. Haye is awesomely entertaining, but he is very raw, his defence is pants and I worry about him going long distances in fights with someone who punches as hard, as consistently and as accurately as Maccarinelli.

I'm having a tenner on a Maccarinelli stoppage in eight.

Whatever happens it will be ****ing awesome
  • I've got my ticket for this as well.

I was seriously tempted by the Hopkins, Calzaghe fight seeing the tension at the Hatton weigh in but i think two Vegas fight nights in 5 months is a little bit too much!
  • How much have you guys paid? £60 is at the back of the top tier isn't it?
  • I paid £87, which i was told was back of the lower tier but i didnt book them.

Carter, we've got an all dayer in store for that - PNE at home on the same day...
  • [cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Was tempted to go until I saw the ticket prices!
    Coupled with lack of details about the undercard, I decided to settle with a TV view.

Is it on Sky, Setanta or normal telly?
  • Sponsored links:

• good undercard,johanseen versus mitchell,proper tear up.
  • edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]your lucky dicko this will be a classic! hayemaker 6th round win. you heard it here first.

Can't believe you lot rated the one with the curly hair fitter more importantly!!! Medders you're a melt, medders, medders you're a melt

none were fitter mate!! i shouldnt have stirred it up at the begining they were phsyco's!! and explaining im getting married 13 times didnt put them off.
    why arent you on the list for the run? lol!
  • edited January 2008
    Not that couple of nutters! The two blondes indoors not the mother/daughter combo FOD was gearing toward
  • Nolly said:

just put 25 quid on enzo to win at 5/4 doing the same every week maybe more till the fight,hope to have 300 pound maybe 400 on enzo by then,money in the bag,my tip of the year he will not lose,put your house on it,it will end quick.
  • Not that couple of nutters! The two blondes indoors not the mother/daughter combo FOD was gearing toward

From a distance the one with curly hair looked a lot better.

Ahahaha, still can't believe carlsberg pulled the mother/daughter combo that FOD wanted.

Fun times.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Nolly said:

just put 25 quid on enzo to win at 5/4 doing the same every week maybe more till the fight,hope to have 300 pound maybe 400 on enzo by then,money in the bag,my tip of the year he will not lose,put your house on it,it will end quick.

currently 2.52 (a shade over 6/4) with betfair. with the 5% betfair commision if you put your £300 on with them you will still be 60 odd quid better off.
    you may even get a 'free bet' deal if you become a new customer.
  • being using coral,might put a lump on betfair,cheers paul!
  • Bump this up to see if anyones views have changed following the antics this afternoon or indeed just nearing te fight
  • he didnt fancy the face off
  • I'm going to be a Haye fan Saturday. London boy, has a very good chance of dominating the heavyweight division and has had some exciting bouts. Not to say Enzo hasn't but he's a Welshie isn't he!!

Enzo in my opinion is the better fighter at this weight and perhaps is technically better at spoiling the other fighters gameplan. Either way it is going to be a real ding dong.

And I hope Kev Mitchell gets the recognition he deserves from the general (as opposed to just the boxing) public, with a big crowd and yanks watching this could be his launchpad
  • Sponsored links:

• I have the feeling that Enzo will batter Haye tomorrow night, it'll finish inside 6 rounds.