Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this week I have been mainly listening to...

Conscious man by the Jolly Brother and Lee Perry. Really good roots reggae album that I'd never heard of before

Colour it in by The Maccabees - South London pop with a song about a swimming pool in Battersea.

Songs that inspired John Wesley Harding and Nashville Skyline - a free CD that was given away with Uncut magazine but with some great country stuff on it.

Comments

• Options
    ..people telling me I'm old
  • Options
    Do You Like Rock Music? - The new British Sea Power album. Very good it is too.

Doghouse Blues (I think?!) - Seasick Steve's album, I ended up going to see him at the 12 Bar Club in Soho on a drunken night out before Christmas. Was fantastic live, the album's good but unfortunately and predictably falls short of his live show.

Simian Mobile Disco - bit slow to catch on on this one but bought their last album last week and am very impressed.

The Best of Neil Young - was never a huge fan of Harvest but picked this up in the HMV sale last week and it's a really good listen.
  • Options
    Maccabees? we were talking about that in July Henry! you're 6 months out of date :-) Great album though and the video to accompany "toothpaste kisses" is great.

I've just bought Vampire Weekend which is out on Monday 28th. Next on my list to buy are: "Those Dancing Days", and "The Cortinas." when I get paid.

We're sorting out our flat so for 9 months our cd's have been in boxes and we're finally getting around to putting them out on new shelves, so I've been going through old stuff. Been listening to "The Webb Brothers" mainly. Maroon and Beyond the Biosphere.
  • Options
    416ET97DCNL._AA240_.jpg

remembering the good times i used to have at Twilo in NYC!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    We're sorting out our flat so for 9 months our cd's have been in boxes and we're finally getting around to putting them out on new shelves, so I've been going through old stuff. Been listening to "The Webb Brothers" mainly. Maroon and Beyond the Biosphere.

Have got one Webb Brothers album which I put on for the first time in ages the other day. Can't remember the name of the album but a couple of cracking tracks on there especially 'it's a funny old kind of music' (but I'll give it a chance).

Was reading about Vampire Weekend in Clash the other day, liked the sound of them, I'm not sure about the Maccabees to be honest....
  • Options
    This week a mixture of Cafe Del Mar 9 & 10......Piano Magic who are pretty awesome along with Phantom Ghost....especially a couple of remixes of "Relax its only a Ghost".....interspersed with a miriade different versions of the Salmon Dance.
  • Options
    Simian Mobile Disco for me was the second best album of 2007, get on the Justice album if you like the SMD one.

I'm listen to the Kitsune compilation album
  • Options
    What was the best?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Maccabees? we were talking about that in July Henry! you're 6 months out of date :-) Great album though and the video to accompany "toothpaste kisses" is great.

WOW Only 6 months! I'm catching up then.

Neil Young is great especially Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, Goldrush, Tonight's the Night and On the Beach. Harvest not really like the rest of his stuff. I can leave most of the later stuff but still some gems.

So what are these other bands like. Give me a comparison/description.
  • Options
    Justice - Cross.

Quality quality album
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Caught the M.I.A bug a while ago and am loving her new album, Duffy is going to get more airplay once I get my paws on her ahem album.

The Twang were best live act and album last year for me
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]

Have got one Webb Brothers album which I put on for the first time in ages the other day. Can't remember the name of the album but a couple of cracking tracks on there especially 'it's a funny old kind of music' (but I'll give it a chance).

I haven't got their 3rd album. they're working on their 4th though, so think i need to get them. beyond the biosphere and maroon are both copies, so i'd like the originals really. quality band though. "I can't believe you're gone" is a superb song.
  • Options
    New Order - "Movement" (1981)
    Wire - "Chairs Missing" (1978)
    LCD Soundsystem (2007)

Plan to check out the new British Sea Power album but they have been much better live than the album sin the past, so not sure how good it will be to my ears!
  • Options
    Canteloube, Vivaldi, Handel, Dvorak, Gluck, Copalnd and Mussorgsky.

All head banging stuff.....
  • Options
    The Last Post - Carbon/Silicon
    Shotter's Nation - Babyshambles
    Hvarf-Heim - Sigur Ros
  • Options
    The listen again feature for radio 4 programmes
  • Options
    I've been listening to nothing much at all....

when we were burgled, they nicked my ipod and my computer which had my whole collection on it!

Didnt think i would need my CD's any more so sold the lot on ebay. Most of it was downloaded anyway.

I'm gutted, took me years to build it all up.

that'll teach me to not back it up.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that SE10.....real pisser, Id be lost without access to my music. Stone...saw a doco on Sigur Ros...they looked really good, can you recommend any particular albums to get me started? Tel
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Sorry to hear that SE10.....real pisser, Id be lost without access to my music. Stone...saw a doco on Sigur Ros...they looked really good, can you recommend any particular albums to get me started? Tel

Latest album is great including a live CD (Hvarf-Heim), but if you want one recommendation get Takk, released a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    i have been listening to this lot a bit though

Manchester Orchestra

got a bit of a Placebo sound to them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok, thanks mate
  • Options
    Takk's good.
  • Options
    Have been listening to whatever comes up on 'shuffle' on my ipod.....seems to have been a bit of Arcade Fire, The Charlatans and U.N.K.L.E. mainly, which is OK by me.....

Buying a new Roberts digital radio for my kitchen at the weekend and then I will mainly be listening to Radio 5 Live (crikey I feel old)....
  • Options
    Squeeze - Up the junction
    Calvin Harris - i created disco
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Caught the M.I.A bug a while ago and am loving her new album, Duffy is going to get more airplay once I get my paws on her ahem album.

The Twang were best live act and album last year for me[/quote]

Loving the Twangs album, but can't stop listening to The Enemy. Going to see them in March with Chunes and Wellinng Addick
  • Options
    Best of the eel's.......Superb!
  • Options
    I'm getting old as I reckon I've only ever heard of about 3 bands in this whole thread !!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Caught the M.I.A bug a while ago and am loving her new album, Duffy is going to get more airplay once I get my paws on her ahem album.

The Twang were best live act and album last year for me[/quote]

Loving the Twangs album, but can't stop listening to The Enemy. Going to see them in March with Chunes and Wellinng Addick
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Caught the M.I.A bug a while ago and am loving her new album, Duffy is going to get more airplay once I get my paws on her ahem album.

The Twang were best live act and album last year for me

Twang album is great, and I also agree about the Enemy - reminds me of early Jam with Paul Weller, especially the title track.
  • Options
    Gotta get with it Eltham.....no Excuses mate Im 28......and my first match at the Valley was in 1964....work that one out!