Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 "coppers"

1) Sarg`nt Cryer in The Bill. Just came over as a real old copper.
2) Vic Macky in The Sheild. total nut , violent violent and voilent.
3) Jack Reagan in The Sweeney. No really Guv.
4) Sipowitz in Hill St Blues. Seen it all.
5) "Lilly" the blonde copper in Cold case. Yes please.

Top OB progs on small or big screen.

1) The Sweeney.
2) Hill Street Blues
3) Homicide Life on The Streets (series to short).
4) CSI
5) Dirty Harry(go on punk !!).

Comments

• Options
    Gene Hunt. End
  • Options
    No Nick Berry, then...
  • Options
    Surely, Dixon of Dock Green should be number 1
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Gene Hunt. End

Spot on - totally stole Life on Mars which has to be in the top five.

If you are including films like Dirty Harry (which I wouldn't put in a top five) then have to have Seven.

Also where are Z Cars and Softly, Softly, Morse, A Touch of Frost and the sublime Between the Lines.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Gene Hunt. End

"he has got fingers in more pies than a leper a cookery competition!"
  • Options
    Surely Reg Hollis has got to be up there?
  • Options
    The Wire - Jimmy McNulty you dont get much better
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Surely Reg Hollis has got to be up there?

is he the one who tried topping himself last week?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    yeah he's the one
  • Options
    Micky Rogers has to be No1 top copper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BDLBDL
    edited January 2008
    WHAT ARE YOU LOT ON - Has to be Regan and Carter - We're the Sweeney and we haven't had our breakfast - get your clothes on your nicked Best British Cops ever!!!!
  • Options
    Without Reagan there would have been no Gene Hunt. All you youngsters go and treat yourself to The Sweeney Box Set. It is without doubt the best piece of British TV drama ever.
    Superb acting and writing. Feasible story lines, great humour and the best double act since Laural & Hardy.
    It's not even dated as Life on Mars has proved.
  • Options
    Waking the Dead is top one for me
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]4) Sipowitz in Hill St Blues. Seen it all.
    [/quote]

Is he not NYPD Blue
  • Options
    NOT FORGETTING UGLY COPPER PC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]Without Reagan there would have been no Gene Hunt.

Really? : - )
  • Options
    Got to agree with CAFCBourne, all the coppers from the Wire are great but Jimmy McNulty tops it. How The Wire hasn't become mainstream over here is beyond me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Micky Rogers has to be No1 top copper.

was he the infamouse Sgt Rogers? of covered end fame?

Anyone else know PC Rob?
  • Options
    Jimmy McNulty by an absolute mile, if anyones started watching the leaked 5th season already.....the bloke is something else entirely, so well written. Bunk Moreland deserves a mention aswell, just for the scene where he burns all his clothes on a one night stand.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BrightonAddick[/cite]Jimmy McNulty by an absolute mile, if anyones started watching the leaked 5th season already.....the bloke is something else entirely, so well written. Bunk Moreland deserves a mention aswell, just for the scene where he burns all his clothes on a one night stand.[/quote]

I've just ordered the 4th Series got to admit i can't wait!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In no particular order:-

1. George Dixon Dixon of Dock Green (the first of the genre)

2. Inspector Barlow (Z Cars, Softly, Softly ) pushed the boundaries and paved the way for later programmes

3. Regan and Carter (Sweeney) Great TV

4. Gene Hunt (Life on Mars) superb parody

5. Heartbeat one of the few programmes the whole family can sit and enjoy together
  • Options
    1. 'Dirty Harry Callaghan

2. Gene Hunt

3. D.I. William Edward 'Jack' Frost

4. 'Dexter' Morgan

5. Jack Bauer (puts in more than most in a day)
  • Options
    cheif clancy wiggum gets my vote.

Chief Wiggum on phone: Uh, Mrs. Simpson, I have some bad news. Your husband was found DOA.
    Marge: Oh my god! He's dead?
    Chief Wiggum: Oh, I'm sorry. He was DUI. I get those two confused. (hangs up phone)
    Woman walks in: My name is Mrs. Phillips. You said my husband was DUI?
    Chief Wiggum: Uh... talk to one of those officers over there. I'm going to lunch.
  • Options
    good shout on Chief Wiggum PBS.

Chief Wiggum: I dunno Simpson. How do I know you didn't cut your own breaks?
    Marge: Why would I do that!?
    Chief Wiggum: I dunno.. get some attention from a handsome police officer?
    Marge: That's crazy!
  • Options
    Juliet Bravo.
    She was one nasty bitch.
  • Options
    The Thin Blue Line. "I aint got time to be fanning about" that coppers the nuts ;)
  • Options
    Sipowitz started in Hill St Blues. NYPD Blue came much later.

Zed Cars true a classic

gene Hunt fella is just a rip off of Regan.

Violence has to be the Shield its why its on so late. Geln Close playing a chief copper for one whole series who gets set up and then sacked.classic.

Homicide Life on The Streets. wasnt on long but get scripts. From the "murder" wipe board which gets longer and longer to the fuckUps that they make. Dispatcher ltgives them wrong flate number when they are after a cop killer. The make the big 5 copper entry but the guy comes down from the falt above and kills 3 of the 5 injures one so bad he will never work again and shits the last one up so bad he has a breakdown.

Read the book ChoirBoys funny, very very sad and very horrific.Film was shitte.
  • Options
    Anyone remember "Rosie"?
  • Options
    Guy from wire in the blood is class. Waking the dead is also quality, cant beat the copper from porridge though.
  • Options
    Is Inspector Gadget a copper?